Where do they keep the real Muppet puppets?

christyb

Reaction score
Then again maybe we don't want them to live after all. So back to the raid...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i got some loose jello okay...weeooo

can i get a kermit and any random frogs :smile:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I think someone already wants Kermit.
But u can have random frog puppets woohoo! :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
I've already claimed one Kermit. But I'm sure that they have more than one lying around. So I get the one from MCC okay?

Also, I got some drumsticks

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Check this out; This is where they keep Photos, scripts, posters, tapes and other stuff from the 'Live' Muppet productions:
http://www.cah.utexas.edu/findingaids/vee.html
Then right here at MC there is an interview with Jim Henson by Judy Harris where she asks him about where they keep the Muppets. The following is an excerpt from the last page pf the interview (http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/interviews/jim4.shtml):
In 1978 there were over 500 Muppets, so there must easily be many more by now. Do you have any idea how many Muppets there are?

HENSON: You know, I don't really know. I couldn't begin to guess actually.

When they're not being used, are they all in your various buildings on 69th Street - is that where they're housed?

HENSON: No, we have a lot of storage - we have theatrical storage in New York because we built up - they're quite bulky, you know, particularly the large characters, and so we couldn't begin to store all the stuff in our place.

So how do you keep track of them? Is there some one place where they're all inventoried?

HENSON: Yeah, yeah, we have boxes and they're all carefully labeled and that sort of thing, and we do go back and pull them out for other shows.

christyb

Reaction score
New York here we come. We have found the motherload. LoL. Everyone take a box and run! LoL.

christyb

Reaction score
*Screeches to a halt....

Wait...maybe we better wait until it's dark?? So who's with me?