1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Where has everyone gone?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by pinocchio, Jan 12, 2018.

1. pinocchio

pinocchio Active Member

This used to be such an active forum and now a month can pass without a single post...

Has everyone moved to a different hangout.... I must have missed the memo.

Where is everyone,?

P

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome back!

Well, first of all, that's an extreme exaggeration. Members still post here every single day. But, yes, a lot has happened over time and there are a lot less members these days. There are a lot more ways to communicate on the web, and forums have taken a back seat. Still, the members that do post, including myself, are very active.

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I am a member of way less active sites; like stuff you are actually saying (months without a post). I leave this site for a few hours and some ten threads have been recently posted in.

As Pig's Laundry has suggested, not just Muppet Central, but pretty much every forum I'm a part of has taken a hit since it's just YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Facebook or Discord pretty much.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Is the OP perhaps speaking specifically of this puppetry section of the forum?

5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh...you're probably right.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. pinocchio

pinocchio Active Member

Yes I was refering to the puppet building forum, think it's been a whole month since a post here. I love seeing everyone's creations keeping puppet making alive.

I thought maybe there's a new forum that people were using...

I still come back to Muppet central at lest once a week. I love the merchandise section too,it helps me to find new things to buy online.

P

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, the puppetry section of this forum always seems under used. I too notice that the posts and replies to threads here are few and far between, but it's been that way as far as I can remember. Maybe having it all the way at the bottom of the forum index has something to do with it, I'm not sure.