Where is the Floyd bust?

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
How many people here are completely disapointed at the lack of Floyd in the muppets busts from sideshow toys. :sing: I for one am not happy havnt been since I got this email from them:
Dear Eric,
Thank you for your e-mail to our Customer Service Department. Your
feedback
is important to us and we appreciate that you took the time to reach
us.
We are not producing any more characters for the Muppets line.
Please let me know if I can assist you further!
Best regards,
Robin

What is the Electric Mayhem without Floyd? They are at least a five piece band. I love these busts and I only collect EM stuff. So the fact that they didnt plan to make him is insane to me. Honestly what were they thinking! Sorry about this but Ive had to vent ever since I got that email. And Im interested to know if other EM completist are as upset as I am.
Oh yeah and its good to be here. Ive been tryin for a while to register here.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I don't collect the busts, but I know I'd be pretty ticked off if I did collect them and wasn't able to get Floyd. It's kind of like the figures. I know I'll probably never get Animal, Floyd, or Zoot and it stinks (but at least I'll have Dr. Teeth, Janice, and Lips lol)

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I don't collect the busts, but I know I'd be pretty ticked off if I did collect them and wasn't able to get Floyd. It's kind of like the figures. I know I'll probably never get Animal, Floyd, or Zoot and it stinks (but at least I'll have Dr. Teeth, Janice, and Lips lol)
Kind of, but its not like they didnt make them all, Floyd isnt even an option as a bust. I hope someone else, like palisades remedies this problem and creates their own busts.
Im glad I found out about the figures early on, considering what people are goin through now to complete the EM.

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
I know Im beating a dead horse here but this is what is the description on the Dr teeth busts box.
Dr. Teeth is the leader of his own band, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. This group - with Zoot on saxophone, Floyd Pepper on bass, Janice on vocals, tambourine and left handed guitar, and Animal on drums - is the prime example of a musical form known as junk rock. With his 3-karat gold tooth, glittering top hat and ring-bedecked fingers, this gravel-voiced impressario of the keyboard (and synthesizer) is the ultimate authority on what is cool.
They acknowledge Floyd as a member of the EM, but didnt make his bust :confused:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Like, fer surely. The absence of Floyd from the Sideshow bust line has always irked me. I based my bust buying on looks from photographs and how much I liked the Muppet. I have Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Sam, Gonzo, Beaker and Swedish Chef (couldn't not get him, it is the ultimate SC likeness). Floyd would have been included in this group. Unfortunately, they never produced a Floyd so whatever. I have Palisades regular and variant Floyds and hopefully they will get to produce the EM minis, so that will be another Floyd. I just think that he is one of the coolest looking Muppets and it's a shame that we could not get a bust of him. Long live the bass man! :sing:

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Should I bother to mention to you that they have Janice playing bass? That'll likely irk you more. I have the whole set. And as complete as it is...not having Floyd is a shame.

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
Should I bother to mention to you that they have Janice playing bass? That'll likely irk you more. I have the whole set. And as complete as it is...not having Floyd is a shame.
never noticed that!

WiGgY

Reaction score
The guitar they give Janice is the one she had in TMM. So it is accurate in that regard.

No Floyd does not make sense. THey could have replace Link with him. Link looks awful anyway and he's covering up the PIS logo which is the best part of the costume. I don't even want to collect the EM busts because there is no Floyd. And it's a shame because Dr. Teeth and Janice look really good. I do have 4 of the other busts though. Rowlf, Piggy, Sam, and Chef. Really good sculpts.

Palisades will not be making busts. They do not have the license to do it and the license has pretty much been exhausted right now. It would not make sense to buy the license just to make a Floyd bust for the few hard core fans that collected all the busts.

Palisades cuurently has plans to make an EM set of minis. They will make all 5 EM bands members (poor Lips never gets recognized as a real member) and Rowlf will be included as well. They may not be made though because the current minis just are not selling. To be fair, the other 2 in this current set have not been released yet and I imagine most people are waiting to get them all at once.

Luke

Reaction score
I remember Ken said he was interested in doing mini busts, just not at the same time as the figures. I doubt that would come off now though what with the Disney thing.