Where is the Floyd bust?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Fine, I'll do it myself. Fortunately, polystone grows in my backyard. I have a nice big chunk right here. (Begins hacking away with a hammer and chisel, tink, tink, tink). Hmm, maybe I should take some sculpting classes before starting this (tink, tink, tink). Any sculptors in the house? (tink, tink tink) Hmm, maybe I should scratch the Floyd idea. Maybe this could pass as a Trash Heap bust? Hey, there's an idea...Fraggle busts! No, no...stick to the task at hand: Floyd. Back to square one...more polystone!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I thought he said the license has been done and that it wouldn't be a good idea to do them right after the other ones.

What Palisades should do is get the license to make micro busts of the Sesame Street gang. They wouldn't be in scale with the muppet ones, but they would be cheaper and more people could buy them. Plus it seems Palisades is better with spacing the busts. Side Show put 4 60 dollar busts out at the same time. That's just not going to work. Palisades seems to put out one or 2 at a time for 25 (Ren and Stimpy are done like this). That's a better idea. Plus with no articulation being added they could do perfect a likeness for Cookie Monster much like the Rowlf bust is a perfect likeness.

With the Sesame Street action figure likeness being tied up right now, Palisades should launch a bust line. *waits for the jokes*

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I thought he said the license has been done and that it wouldn't be a good idea to do them right after the other ones
Yeah that too - he wasn't adverse to doing them at some point though. Sesame busts would be good although the Muppet ones didn't sell very well and they seem to have a bigger adult collector following than Sesame so it might not be a wise investment. I think if any more busts are made they should definitely be the small ones as you say - cheap is good in the Muppet world.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The muppet ones didn't sell because of money reasons though. There were people here that wanted to buy them but just couldn't do it. Plus the size of these is a bit much when you want to display them all. They look great, but it's like having a collection of 20 mega figures. It just doesn't work. Micro busts at 25 a piece once every couple of months woould sell much better. What parent wouldn't buy one for their baby's room?

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
No Floyd does not make sense. THey could have replace Link with him. Link looks awful anyway and he's covering up the PIS logo which is the best part of the costume. I don't even want to collect the EM busts because there is no Floyd. And it's a shame because Dr. Teeth and Janice look really good. I do have 4 of the other busts though. Rowlf, Piggy, Sam, and Chef. Really good sculpts.
I can understand that, but the sculpts are so good I couldnt see not owning these. It sucks not having Floyd.

WiGgY said:
Palisades cuurently has plans to make an EM set of minis. They will make all 5 EM bands members (poor Lips never gets recognized as a real member) and Rowlf will be included as well. They may not be made though because the current minis just are not selling. To be fair, the other 2 in this current set have not been released yet and I imagine most people are waiting to get them all at once.
thats cool, I hope they do, cause as I mentioned before I only collect EM.

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
The muppet ones didn't sell because of money reasons though. There were people here that wanted to buy them but just couldn't do it. Plus the size of these is a bit much when you want to display them all. They look great, but it's like having a collection of 20 mega figures. It just doesn't work. Micro busts at 25 a piece once every couple of months woould sell much better. What parent wouldn't buy one for their baby's room?
I agree they were pricey, I only got the EM cause I found someone selling them on Ebay for $20 each. It was a great deal but I had to email several times about their whereabouts, it took him almost a month to send them.
I hope palisades does them in bust form smaller and cheaper. And with :sing: