Where should I go to meet Muppets?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hi-hi-hi,

I have only posted here and there in these forums, so I don't think many people know I'm from Belgium (Europe) and have never been to the US before.
That's not really so important, of course, but it does help to understand why I am very, very, VERY excited about the trip to the US we're planning as our vacation for next year.
It wouldn't be normal for a Muppets fan not to visit "Muppet locations" when in the land of the Muppets, so I wanted to know from you guys what places I should really go and visit. I'll be looking out for your answers here because they'll determine at least part of the itinerary I'll follow thru the States ... :sympathy:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Okay ... I did some surfing around and I learned about the Henson Studios in Los Angeles. Can you visit them and if so did anyone already go there? Is it any good?

Same questions for the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta ... I read that a Henson wing will be added to it but that's only due 2012. Is there anything Jim Henson Muppets to be seen there already?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Wish I could help! I don't get out much....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Museum of Television and Radio (now called The Paley Center for Media) is located in Los Angeles, California and New York City, New York. It has a huge viewing library which includes several Muppet specials and episodes from the various shows. If you could get there, I'd definitely recommend.

Hope you enjoy the US! :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You could always go to Sesame Place is Pennsylvania. (I dont remember what city). Its a nice amusment park, moslty for little kids, but the biiiig rubber duckie ride at the front of the park rules! You gotta eat early cause all the resturaunts seem to close around 3-4. The one time I went there, there were supprisingly more teens (me being one of them) than kids. There is a parade every day(I think). You can find sesame street characters walking around sometimes too. I only saw grover when I went though (outside of the parade. Everyone is in the parade)

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Thanks for that already, guys ... :smile:

I'm really looking for Muppets stuff, not so much Sesame Street. It's maybe funny, but my best childhood memories go with the Muppet Show rather than Sesame Street ...

Anyone more info?