where to buy foam in toronto

faze

Reaction score
i was wondering if somebody could tell me where to buy some scott foam in toronto? or milton to be exact

i have the glorifed sock puppet pattern and need to buy foam,

i am not sure where to buy foam from,

next to my dad office there is place where they make sofabeds, or shuld i ask them for it?

Ps: what kind of fur or material is fozzie bear?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's available in Toronto from Engineered Foam products up in Concord, but I believe they have a $250-300 minimum order. If you need smaller quantities I think the best source for small sheets would be ProjectPuppet or you can try finding it sold as filters for air conditioners or such (it's manufactured to be an industrial filter foam).

Blink

Reaction score
Hey Faze,

Quick question. When you say Scott Foam I am assuming you mean reticulated foam correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.

There was a company that I purchased reticulated foam from years ago called Engineered Foam Products, 12 Kenhar Dr., Weston, Ontario, M9H 1N1, #416-746-7334.

However I think I heard through the grapevine that they closed, or moved, or were taken over by a bigger company. I still have some foam left but I am getting low and I will be trying to track them down soon (next month or so).

What I can tell you about them is that the foam is yellow (so dying it might be a problem), but you can use it for under structures no problem. They also have a $200 minimum order.

Please let me know if you have any luck finding their new info. If not I can let you know when I have time to track them down.

The other possibility is ordering smaller amounts from Project Puppet here. Or contacting their supplier for larger amounts.

Corporate Address:
Rogers Foam Corporation
20 Vernon Street
Somerville, MA 02145
United States of America

To order call:
215-295-8720

You will need to order reticulated foam or Scott foam in a 1/2 inch thickness at 35ppi (pores per inch) in the neutral color. The foam comes in 48" X 72" sheets and the pricing varies.

This foam is more of an off white colour and can be dyed easier.

I would say that if you don't mind paying at least $200.00, that would be the best way to go. Duty on a large order from the Sates could be something awful.

If you only want a smaller amount the Project Puppet is the way to go.

On the off chance that you are actually looking to order a polyfoam made by Scott Foam Technologies then you can contact them here.

And finally just in case I totally missed the mark and you were really looking for a store that sells different types of poly foam in Milton I would say good luck. My mom lives in Milton and I have never found foam there.

There is a place I found in Burlington, just a little West of the Ikea off Brant St. on the South side. I don't remember the name of the store but I can jot it down next time I pass and send you the info.

I hope that is a good enough lead. Sorry I don't have all the answers you need but it is a start.

P.S. Fozzie's fur is a fun fur that was probably purchased years ago. The best thing to do is look for something close to it, or play around with distressing newer fur to try to achieve a similar effect. You probably won't be able to just find Fozzie fur easily.

Opps! Buck answered while I was typing. Ah Concord now! That will help with the search.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I started a thread where we can list reticulated foam suppliers here, I just edited it to add Scott Industries, which I had totally forgot. Thanks Blink!

BorkBork

Reaction score
for the swede here with a smaller english vocabulary than you guys, could you plese explain what the word reticulated means so i could start looking for that kind of foam here in sweden?

Up until now i have worked with regular upholstryfoam but as i understand reticulated has a lighter wheight?

Is it that type of foam found as protection-cover on vintage hifi-speakers?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yes, I believe it was/is used in hi-fi speakers. It's most common application is as a filter for air conditioners. I am not an engineer, but I believe it's classified as an industrial filter foam so you could try looking for that.