Where to start?

HPDJ

Reaction score
I've decided that I want to start collecting Palaside figures. Where do I start? What internet sites should I use? Which ones are cheaper/more expensive? Which are more rare/common? Please help! HPDJ :smile:

HPDJ

Reaction score
I'd prefer to collect the main core of muppets first (e.g. Piggy, Fozzie, Kermit, Rowlf and so on).

That Announcer

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
I'd prefer to collect the main core of muppets first (e.g. Piggy, Fozzie, Kermit, Rowlf and so on).
OK. I'm not the best one to tell you where to go here (that would be Ed or Ryan), but I can help. If you want the main core, the easiest way to get them would be in variants from later series. So you'll want Kermit as Captain Smollet, Patrol Bear Fozzie (under no circumstances should you get the Steppin' Out Fozzie), the Backstage Playset (which features Rowlf), either a Wizard World East exclusive Gonzo (which are common here) or a S5 Gonzo. S1 Piggy is easy to find, but she's not that good, I should warn you!

From there, here's what I'd get:
Sam (S8)
Dr. Phil (S8)
Beau (S7)
Swedish Chef (S9)
Statler & Waldorf (S6)
Movie Usher Scooter (S8)
Newsman (S5)
Pigs In Space Playset (S6)
If you can find them, Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry would be great additions to your collection.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I thought this thread would be about.

HPDJ, if you have any specific questions feel free to contact me and we can talk via PM or E-mail, or in this thread.
First things first, be sure to watch for the release of Sesame Street Series 1 later this fall. Your call if you wanna get in on this too, but it'd be easier with SS, since it'll be starting from S1.

As for Muppets...
If you want Kermit and Piggy, I'd advise you to go to your local Toys R' Us, they might have some S1 and not sure if they'd have some S2 stock still available there. From S1 you can get Kermit and Piggy, and Fozzie from S2.
The problem with the S1 Piggy is that she doesn't have textured skin, her hair is too bright yellow, the hair's in an upturned bun, and her body is a bit svelter than you might remember. However, if you happen to get an Electronics Boutique exclusive S1 Miss Piggy (blue dress) then you'd have a slightly better-looking Piggy. Then, you can just simply switch the figures heads and end up with the long-haired figure's head on the purple dressed body and make her look much more like how Miss Piggy should.

Then again, if you want to avoid all that, I'd advise you to hunt down the Pigs In Space playset that comes with First Mate Miss Piggy.
For Fozzie, you can hunt around for any of the variants like Vacation (2 colored shirt variants in blue and/or red), Patrol Bear or Steppin' Out. The Steppin' Out Fozzie figure isn't all that bad, just that his hat has to fit inbetween his ears. And besides, he comes with a cool pack-in figure of Chucky, his ventriloquist dummy from the Edgar Berghan TMS episode.

For Gonzo, you could try searching for the S5 classic version with Camilla, or get the Steppin' Out version with Bernice.
The thing is, once you get one of the Steppin' Out figures I'd think you might want to have a full subset.

For Rowlf, you could try hunting down the S3 Tux version (the term "Steppin' Out" wasn't used till the Bunsen & Beaker 2-Pack exclusive). Or you might wanna get the Backstage playset with classic Rowlf. For that, you'll have to go to online retailers like killertoys.com or omgcnfo.com

As for exclusives, there's a ton of 'em both regular retailer and industry exclusives.
To get some of the regular retailer exclusives you'll have to look around your local stores.
For special convention-only exclusives, your best bet would be either eBay or joining the Palisades Collector's Club.

Then again, you might wanna check eBay for the figures you want to start your collection with, or post "Lookin' For..." threads in the Buy/Sell/Trade sections of the forums here at MC and/or Palisades Toys.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Glad to see someone else interested in the Palisade's line!

I my self started with S5 Gonzo, and found S5 Pepe, S6 Fozzie, S6 Variant Clifford, S7 Robin, and S3 Rowlf. So, it's all about what you can find, not what you want.:smile: Series 6, 7, and 8 are the easiest to find.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I don't think that there are all that many UK stores that stock the Palisades figures - the only one I know for sure is Forbidden Planet. You should be able to find the last couple of series there but I have found that is works out much cheaper buying from the Forbidden Planet website. You may also be able to pick up some of the playsets this way.

Probably the best advice is to keep checking ebay - the main characters periodically pop up uder a search for "muppets" - particulary Animal (one of the exclusives) and again all of the last couple of series.

BEAR

Reaction score
Welcome, HPDJ, to the "club". I, myself, pretty much just started. Someone gave me a Fozzie a couple years ago, but I not start collecting figures until the new Sesame Street line started. Those are the figures I will really be focusing on as those characters hold a little more meaning to me. I pre-ordered S1 of the Sesame line and I already have the Super Grover Exclusive. I also decided since Kermit the Frog will not be included in the Sesame line at all, and he is an intrical part, I feel, I would order him from the Muppets line to go on the "Street". As I am writing this I realized that I could always put Kermit with my Fozzie once in a while so I don't have a singled out Bear. lol. Anyway...I decided eventually to join the Collector's Club at Palisades. I figured if I am gonna invest in this great new line, I could get some good deals on products and specials and also I would get to read and keep updated with the figures and behind the scenes news. When joining the group, the membership comes with a special figure package. I chose the Gonzo one to, naturally, go with the already obtained Foz and Kerm. I also am expecting the Jim Henson figure and will be ordering the Rainbow Connection Kermit soon.
If you need any help at all in finding items, let me know and maybe I can give you a hand. After my Kermit search, I have become pretty good at finding figures (especially older ones) at the best rates possible. My Kermit only cost about 7 or 8 dollars, which is quite a difference from some of the other numbers I saw. Just be careful you don't get stuck paying too much money. Toys R Us can be mondo expensive from what I saw, and practice extra caution when searching ebay. I, personally, try to steer away from them. I had a good experience with Toywiz.com and Aboyd Company online.
Anyway...good luck.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Best advice I can give to all just starting: GOOD LUCK! :big_grin:

I mean, I had trouble finding these Muppets when they were around but now (for me anyway) it would be impossible. Fortunately great sites like ebgames.com and omgcnfo.com had them most of the time so I WAS able to get them. I was lucky that I started when I did. My story is a simple one: I was in Toys "R" Us and saw the first series, but decided against getting them 'cause I didn't wanna start a whole 'nother thing. (I'm KICKING myself for this btw). Then when series 2 came around I picked up a Gonzo 'cause he's my favorite. Then I saw Sam the Eagle from MTI and my dad got it for me. It was at that moment, when I only had 2 MOC figures, that I decided I needed these toys. I was lucky to find some series 1-3 figures online and at some stores. I'm only missing Bunsen, Floyd, Fozzie, Elec. Mayhem playset w/ Animal, and Zoot from the regular line.

So that's my story of how I became a fan of Palisades Toys and their products.

Now, the only site I know to get Muppet figures would be ebgames.com, they have S9 Swedish Chef, Fozzie, and Pops. Omgnfo.com has those too plus some awesome exclusives. As for Series 1-8 eBay would be the only place I know to check (and good luck with that!) I really hate myself for not starting with the Muppets since the beginning, but now I get a second chance with Sesame Street! Yaaaay! :smile: