Where You All From?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Me, I'm from Illinois. I'd say I'm about... oh... halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee. Ish? Okay so I'm not sure about that. I know that I'm closer to the Wisconsin border than I am to Chicago.

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
just curious how come your family moved from California to the east? I ask because I'm from the Chicago area and though I like it here I hate the winter time and have always wondered why those from the south and west move to places with snow.
Well my dad grew up in the east (Virginia) and so did my mom (Pennsylvania). They met in college. Shortly after they were married in 1965 my dad got a job in his field in California. They both had to be on the other side of the coast from all their relatives but it was a good paying job. They had me in 1967. Then in 1968 my dad's company transfered him to one of their locations in Maryland, so they got to return to the east. When I was 9 he got transfered again, to New York.
By the way, I have an aunt and uncle in Illinois. They're not in Chicago but not really too far from it.
Also, even though we have snow to deal with, it beats dealing with earthquakes (We lived near San Francisco in California and my mom said tremors that would make things on the shelf rattle a little were common). So maybe some people move from the south and west to escape the earthquakes and the hurricanes.
Thanks for asking, Mike.

peachesncream

Reaction score
i live in new orleans. omaha, elegance liberty?i dated a guy from elkhorn for many years.his family owned the underground bar.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm from the magical land of Newcastle....ooooooh!! Seriously, I'm from the north east of England. Woo!

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I live in Oxford, Ohio. About an hour north of Cincinnati. It's a small college town, home of Miami University.

RedDragon

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Me, I'm from Illinois. I'd say I'm about... oh... halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee. Ish? Okay so I'm not sure about that. I know that I'm closer to the Wisconsin border than I am to Chicago.
Yep good old Chicagoland, Illinois. WE'VE GOT CORN TOO! And a mall, and a Great America theme pack. And yet it's still boring here(I think it might be the corn and soy beans, but that's just me).

Ziffel

Reaction score
So there's the prawncracker, Red Dragon, Together Again, mikebennidict, and uncle matt (and probably even more) from Illinois. Any of you ever been to Chicago's O'Haire airport? Ever since I was little I have heard of how huge it is. I was in it for the first time a few years ago. It was a connection point. My plane landed in Chicago and I had to get on a different one to fly back to Philly. But the plane was late getting to Chicago due to turbulence. So I didn't have much time to get to the gate where the plane to Philly was. (if I missed it, I would have been able to simply take the next flight. But it would have meant an extra wait of about an hour and a half). So I ran as fast as I could through the terminal in an attempt to make it. I did make it, but I was amazed at how long the terminal was. Seemed like endless long hallways as I followed the signs to my gate.
Whew! I'm exhausted from just thinking about that sprinting for 10 or 15 minutes I did. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Nope, I've never been there Ziffel. Sorry. But, I've never been to Chicago either...

And don't forget that Skeeter Muppet is from Illinois as well.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ah, yeah, good ol' O'Hare. Flown into and out of there twice, picked people up and dropped people off there um... a LOT of times. But I can't really testify as to how big it is... I don't have much to compare it to. I know the one in Seattle felt kind of smaller, but I don't really have any memories at all of the one in Florida... I remember losing my first tooth on the plane, though! :wink: