Where's Elmo???

Barbaroo52

Reaction score
Any big Elmo Fans here? :confused:

I am probably the BIGGEST and the OLDEST! :smile:

I collect everything I can find that pertains to him! :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
If you like Elmo, then you're not like most of us here on this forum. I see you're a new member. See, must of us actually DON'T like Elmo, because he has pretty much KILLED the rest of Sesame Street. I wish they never put that thing on in the first place. I liked him back when he wasn't on very much, but now he's over used. I understand you're different, but most of us don't like Elmo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You see, the thing is.. I Do like Elmo, and He isn't killing the show... (the producers are! Hey, stop making lame-o Dragon Tales cartoons, and make more SS episodes)

Elmo is a wonderful character... though no Cookie Monster or Grover, he's still pretty cool.

Anyone see Good Morning America today?

Let me just say, when Elmo lets down his fur and improvises, he's one heckuva guy! Well... a puppet anyway!

scarecroe

Reaction score
I love Elmo! Just not the saturation of him in all that is Sesame Street (which is, as has already been stated in this thread, not Elmo's fault). But he's a fantastic guy. Anyone who hasn't, should really get to know him.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of the little red furball.

I prefer him in a balanced diet with the other Sesame Street characters, but he wouldn't be so popular if he weren't such a great character. Good mix of innocence, playfulness, and mischievousnessositytion.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I was a biiiiiiig Elmo fan until about 1994, when the show became less and less cool and I became more grown up. I still like him as a character, but I think his early performances are often his best, especially when he interacts with Kermit.

One time in NYC my family and I called a cab, and when we got in (and got out at our destination), we heard an automated voice message from Elmo about seat belt safety. LOL :concern: :big_grin: :smile: :stick_out_tongue::smirk:

leliebel

Reaction score
Elmo is still a minor character in the netherlands... And he's cute and fluffy...

CookieFan

Reaction score
I don't think Elmo is killing SS. He may have saved it. With all the kiddie show competition in the 90s from Nickelodeon and other PBS shows, without Elmo being so popular (remember when Tickle Me Elmo was the hottest toy on the market?) who knows if SS would have survived?

'Course Cookie's been my fave since 1970!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else says, he's a great character, just shoved down our throats a bit too much. Blend him in more with Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover, Oscar...that would be fun. Or Count. I like Elmo, and his performer has a way cool name, too.

Of course, I'm partial to the name "Kevin."