Where's The Old School People At?(1998-2002)

beaker

Reaction score
I was thinking about how wonderful it is this site still exists, and how it's essentially kind of like a laid back online "Cheers"(tho everyone doesnt know your name!) But now and then I kind of feel nostalgic and miss the 1998-2002 period.

Kind of curious whatever happened to a lot of people. Did anyone end up working professionally in the industry? Or get to intern with Muppet related stuff?

I feel very glad to see longtime posters who were absent for so long come back(like DWMckim, who I've always considered the wisest Muppet fan on the planet, and one of my favorite posters)
It's good to see people who have always been on and can be counted on for great posts.

But whatever happened to all the old posters? Not even necessarily purely from the 98-02 Delphi boards, but just in general? Hearing someone referencing "Muffins" reminded me of the posters known as "Emma" and "Jackie".
I also remember a number of other people though my memory of their exact name is failing me. But I met a lot of them at Muppetfest, and I remember a ton of people from way back when. There were a few Sarah's over the years who were regular posters. I remember this really knowlegable kid from the Netherlands named "Jogchem".

In some way its almost like family, though ya only get to know people through silly little names(Im Cory by the way) I still regret
the late 2002 rift that happened, and that whole ugly fallout.

But I'm excited to see the massive surge of new people who will no doubt be joining this year and discovering(or rediscovering) this forum.

But does anyone have an update on what happened to some of the more memorable posters, or anyone have fond memories of posters we don't see around here? Im guessing a lot got married and or are bringing a whole new generation into this world.
I hope noone passed away though:frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see the return of the rest of the Senior Boomers (2003-2007).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I'm technically from the Delphi era...

Back in elementary school when I was around 8 or 9, I decided to fake my way into creating an account on Delphi to go on MC. I posed as my dad (who surprisingly was okay with it when I asked him about registering :eek:). After a while of being a huge pain, like all kids tend to be in elementary school, I disappeared after Phil transferred the boards to a vBullitan and I couldn't work these forums for a while, I disappeared while still lurking until I finally registered an account on the new board.

I will not say my name on the Delphi boards because I don't even remember what it was! :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm still never quite sure if I fit with the oldies, since I only ever lurked on Delphi and I was one of the annoying-young-bouncy ones for the longest time before I really found my feet. I remember I used to follow Jackie and Emmy and Luke around the site like a lost puppy.

I remember there being a time when even you, Beaker, and Dr Tooth and Luke were almost completely absent! So nice to have you guys back.

Snowthers, I'm totally with you...Can we PLEASE have some representation from the Toga, the Prawn, the Vibsa and the Pepper?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Some of them have probably moved on to the Tough Pigs forum, but i couldn't say for sure since TP still uses Delphi and Delphi and Webtv have been incompatable for several years now so i can't participate there to where i could see how many people we miss can be found there or not.

It's a good thing MC made the move away from Delphi in 02 or i'd really be lost! Still bums me out that all the old archives from Delphi are now lost forever.

Katzi428

Reaction score
waving I'm here! I remember the Delphi days!:smile: My screen name was KPH_2000.(What was I thinking?:rolleyes: )

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Kathy I didn't know you've been around here that long - that is awesome!

I can hardly believe I came here for the first time six years ago this month - that almost blows my mind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowthers, I'm totally with you...Can we PLEASE have some representation from the Toga, the Prawn, the Vibsa and the Pepper?
Outside the TKO cas too, lol.

I haven't seen, nor heard from the likes of Caroline, Faylo, superfan, anythingmuppet, Dan-Dan the Strawberry Man, or others in quite a while.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score

I haven't seen, nor heard from the likes of Caroline, Faylo, superfan, anythingmuppet, Dan-Dan the Strawberry Man, or others in quite a while.
Or Dee or Ziffel too.

Beauregard

Reaction score

Well, I was more thinking of the MopFam cast than the TKO one...But I guess we were in the TKO for a reason...being zifflers and muffiners and all.