Which Bert song is this?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was one segment that I remember seeing in the 1980s. At the beginning, Bert wants to do some kind of activity with Ernie (I think look at his paper clip collection), but Ernie says that Rubber Duckie doesn't want to do that, se he leaves, and then the lights go off (or at least the room gets darker) and Bert sings some kind of song while Ernie peeks from behind the door. At the end of the song, Ernie is behind Berts chair, and when bert is done singing, Ernie surprizes Bert, saying that he and rubber duckie want to play either tag or hide and seek, and bert joins Ernie (possibly one of the few times that bert wasn't reluctant to play one of Ernie's games).

Now, what was the name of this song? I have a feeling that it might be either I Wish I Had a Friend To Play With Me or Somebody Come And Play, but I'm not sure. I've heard I Wish I Had a Friend To Play With Me on the Born To Add album, but that song seems to have some female back-up singers, and I don't remember anybody else besides Bert and Ernie in this sketch (though the voices could have just been recorded for the album).

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Sounds like "I Wish I Had a Friend to Play With Me".