Which Company Mascot Scares You

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I was thinking about the BK guy who just pops into stuff and thought there have been so werid and abtrusive mascots for companys which ones do you dislike?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
*shudders about the BK guy* I think the Original Ronald McDonald the Willard Scott used to plat is pretty scary looking. Also the Push Pops Kangaroo Scares me, yikes! Get me out of Here! There closing in on me! Noooooooo!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hate that BK kid's mascot... it's an old 1970's looking plastic bag puppet. Not scary looking, but scary as in what the shell is up with that!

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I don't like the biker pig in the Energy hog commercials. It would have been awesome though if it was a muppet pig!

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
ELMO... that was a joke... kinda, not really... elmo scares me, a little... but for some reason, that's not stopping me from buying the TMX... i gotta see what it's about

superfan

Reaction score
Two things:

1. It didn't really scare me...more made me laugh my head off than anything, BUT there was this picture up at the community center on a bulletin board about swimming safety...someone had actually dressed up in a LIFEJACKET costume...black tights and big white shoes, a black long sleeved shirt underneath. The costume was nothing but a big lifejacket..no eyes, nothing to make it personable or cartoonish. The top of it where it comes down as a v-neck was covered with black thick mesh so the poor person inside had someplace to look out of. I should've taken it off the board. Too, too funny and difficult to convey through this description alone.

2. Not a mascot, really, but went to the Paper Factory where they sell mainly party decorations. Up on a shelf above the check out counter was this huge red Tellytubby head...Po...part of a full body costume. Creepiest dang thing! Loved it...asked how much it would be to rent it out. On Halowe'en, I'll just walk around my daycare with this big red head on and see what happens. :crazy:

Yay.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Geico's Gecko

Recently Geico has had some commercials where instead of the animated talking gecko, they have had a man in a gecko suit. NOw this is scary. If I saw this thing walking around in my neighborhood. I'd probably have the same reaction the cabby does. He mistakes him for an alien and drives off as fast as he can go.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not a real company, but the Mr. Sparkle logo from the Simpsons used to give me the willies. I want the T-shirt now!