Which movie was better?

MJTaylor

Reaction score
For my money, I liked Follow That Bird better. Elmo In Grouchland wasn't bad, but I'm not that wild about Elmo, and besides, the interuptions by Ernie and Bert jarred a bit.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Follow That Bird was way better. If my memory were better I could back up that claim with reasons why.

--Klonoa

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both were great in there own unique way. Bird was a great movie cause I grew up watching it. Grouchland was a great movie because of the great songs and asortment of "nice" creatures of Grouchland. The only thing I wonder why didn't they shoot the movies on the actual Sesame Street set instead of shoot on two different re-makes?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
The only thing I wonder why didn't they shoot the movies on the actual Sesame Street set instead of shoot on two different re-makes?
You know, I bet it has something to do with the detail and quality of sets built for TV as opposed to what they would need to build to look good on a big movie screen. Just guessing, though, I really don't know.

P

Philo and Gunge

FTB was way better. But your forgetting that SS characters are in such classic films as "Being There" and "ET". :zany:

Klonoa

Reaction score
One thing I did like about Elmo in Grouchland was that bug character. He looked very huggable. Also those furry little grungy things, too.

--Klonoa

CoOKiE

Reaction score
it hink Philo and Gunge was refeering to little appearences on E.T. in that case on forest Gump, Bert and Enrie appeared on the tv that little forest was watching... but besides that... Follow That Bird... all the way... eh, but thats not fair cuz i've never seen Elmo in Grouchland... kinda embarressed to go out n rent it actually.. BUT! i will gain courage sometime lol... i'm afride of it being horrible.. i'm not a big Elmo fan... can anyone guess which is my fave character? bet ya can't... (sarcasim) lol ... Follow that Bird was a great movie.. i would rent it everytime i saw it at the movie store as a kid... and to be honest.. i bought it like 3 years ago to watch it from time to time lol... n actually i saw the DVD at Wal-Mart, so i just may have to buy that when i go to buy the Fraggle Rock dvd on Tues. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Almsot forgot! We're all focused on Follow that Bird and Elmo in Grouchland.... that we forgot Don't Eat the Pictures, Big Bird in China, Bird Bird goes to Japan, and Cinderelmo... if i'm forgett'n n e lemme know... but yea, Big Bird in China was GREAT! lol i loved that as a kid... the Lions that played with Barley's head kinda scared me tho... i always thought that theyed pop out of the tv and mess around with me and no one would help me get away lol... and the dissapearing guy was kinda freaky... but cool.too. i should buy that on DVD sometime. but yesh... Follow that Bird is still the best. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I havn't seen any of those Cookie, but I did see Elmo Saves Christmas. It seems he nearly destroyed it too! Imagne it being Chirstmas everyday! Although, I feel that the storyteller ( I don't remember her name right now) may have made it up.

Censored

Reaction score
Well, "Don't Eat the Pictures", "Big Bird in China", "Big Bird goes to Japan", etc. weren't movies, they were TV specials. As far as I know, the only actual movies from Sesame Street were "Follow That Bird" and "Elmo In Grouchland". I think that "Follow That Bird" was the better of the two in numerous ways. For one thing, FTB was simply made during an era when Sesame Street was better. Also, FTB did a better job of staying in the tradition of the show by combining the right balances of fantasy and reality, such as talking birds interacting with others in the street, instead of having the cast just disappear into an imaginary world where EVERYTHING was unreal. In addition, Ernie and Bert's role in FTB was much better than in EIGL. In FTB, Ernie and Bert were part of the cast and interacted with others in the plot. I hated that in EIGL, Ernie and Bert were just "masters of ceremony" that only spoke to the audience. I also hated the way Ernie and Bert acted out of character in EIGL Bert was a neurotic worrywart who had to be clamed down by Ernie and they seemed to abandon their traditional roles of comedian/straight man. "Follow That Bird" was a classic that will probably never be duplicated in any future Sesame Street movies.

On a side note, I always found it curious that at the end of "Follow That Bird", as Maria (I think it was her) explains the value of diversity, she says that Sesame Street consists of "humans, monsters, birds, grouches, Ernie and Bert..." They didn't really know what category to put Ernie and Bert in, so they just put them in a class all by themselves. Interesting. Great movie.