Which movies did YOU see in the cinema?

Svedish_Chef

Reaction score
For me, I saw Treasure Island and Muppets from space in the cinemas

At muppet treasure Island, we were setting in a big old cinema with the high balcony (just like Stadler and Wardorf) and at some point during the movie the three of us (I took my younger brother and a freind) accidentally started saying "muppets" is a muppetish voice. The cinema was packed with the mum and kid crowd and we incited the whole cinema of kids into shouting Muppets at the top of their lungs and giggling.

Good fun.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I saw all 6 Muppet films in the theater, Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal too. I also saw Follow That Bird - but drew the line at Elmo in Grouchland. Just not my kind of film, but I love the poster art and I did see it on DVD.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember seeing "The Muppets Take Manhattan" and "Follow That Bird" in the theater.

Joggy

Reaction score
The Witches - at a girl's birthday party with a "witches" theme

Muppet Christmas Carol - cinema was filled with elderly people who loved seeing their TV heroes...

Muppets From Space - in a New Jersey cinema. Some kids in the audience were wearing pijamas. Is that common in the US?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I only saw Follow that Bird, MTI, MCC, and MFS (twice). I wish they'd rerelease the first three to theaters, though! I missed alot, since I only saw the Muppet Movie on Television.

I have seen numerous creature shop movies though, The Flintstones, Ninja Turtles 1 and 2, and George of the Jungle stick out, though I know I saw more!

Salmoto

Reaction score
I only saw MTI in the theaters, the other ones I only saw on video, and the most recent one I saw was Muppet Cristmas Carol. STILL haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years yet. Noone in town carries it....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've seen all of the Muppets movies at the theater, a re-release of The Muppet Movie at some theater in Florida, and Follow That Bird. Did not see Labyrinth or Dark Crystal at the theater, and saw Elmo/Grouchland on Video.

I have seen Sesame Street Live once, and that was 2 years ago and I went alone...man, the stares and glares parents give you when you go see those shows alone.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I have seen Sesame Street Live once, and that was 2 years ago and I went alone...man, the stares and glares parents give you when you go see those shows alone.
Shucks, I woulda gone with you (though 2 years ago, I didn't know anyone here!) but if there's one thing that gets more glaires than one adult going to see Sesame Street live, it's two adult males going to see Sesame Street live.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I was four when I saw The Muppet Movie in the theatre...I remember being in awe of the opening scene with all the Muppets and just loving the songs TRC and MRA.

I desperately wanted to see The Great Muppet Caper but my parents wouldn't take me for some reason or another but it was one of the first video tapes I ever watched.

My mom took me to see the Dark Crytsal in the theatres and I remember that was a big deal in my mind because by this point in my life I was very interested in anything that was slightly related to the Muppets. I was fascinated by the story...esepcially the history of the skesis/mystics. Wonderful film.

MTM I saw in the theatre as a part of my 8th birthday party. I thought it was great though I didn't like Piggy and Kermit's wedding at all.

Follow that Bird we almost saw...it was a toss up between that and Pee Wee's Big Adventure. We ended up seeing neither.

The Labryinth...for some reason I was not aware of this film at all when it came out...I just have no recollection of it in my memory.

MCC I took my girlfriend in high school to see in on our first date. We were both very excited about the film but I was devastated when I read that the film was dedicated to the memory of both Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. I didn't know that Richard Hunt had passed away and I was just heartbroken. I think it affected the way I viewed the film...I was viewing through a distorted lense of disappointment.

MTI I went to see in college it's opening weekend. I really enjoyed it much more so than MCC and was really happy because I thought that the Muppets were still in good hands.

MFS - didn't see it...didn't want to know where Gonzo came from.

Elmo in Grouchland - again didn't want to know what was inside of Oscar's Trash Can. I great tool for imagination and wonder destroyed by the need to tell a meaningless story about Elmo losing his favorite blanket.

Okay...that's enough writing from me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

MCC I took my girlfriend in high school to see in on our first date. We were both very excited about the film but I was devastated when I read that the film was dedicated to the memory of both Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. I didn't know that Richard Hunt had passed away and I was just heartbroken. I think it affected the way I viewed the film...I was viewing through a distorted lense of disappointment.
Yeah, I remember seeing MCC a few years ago and it's really not the greatest. It has it's moments. It's just not one of the funnier Muppet movies and a lot of classic characters are sort of pushed into the background. The next movie "Muppet Treasure Island" was much better though.