Which Puppeteers to return in "Fraggle Rock" movie

BradFraggle

Reaction score
MuppetNewsHound said:
It has recentley been confirmed in print and he has been officially listed as the Director with the films in pre-production registered list I am a memeber of. This list is 99 percent accurate.
Can you provide a link, a scan, the source's title...something more clear.

MWoO

Reaction score
I hope that is Jerry is involved he is performing rather than dubbing. I'm sure he could do Pa Gorg as he sat in a cgaur while doing it. They've dubbed the trash heap before so that would be great to. I do not want to see Gobo dubbed though. He is likely to be a main character and dubbing a main character doesn't work for me.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Judging from the "extra features" on the "Fraggle Rock" DVDs, Jerry is still able to do a good Gobo.

For me, it Jerry doesn't get to at least dub the voices, I'll have a harder time enjoying it, :mad: . I mean I understand he has just about retired from his "Muppet Show type" characters (Floyd, Robin, all that.), which is fine, but he still does his Sesame Street Muppets, I hope he'll make the descion to do Gobo.

:smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the story right now. How's Ahmet gonna pull off something that can sensibly take place after " Change of Address "? Lot'sa stuff happened in the fraggle world by the time the series ended. I hope they don't " forget " that the fraggles & gorgs befriended each other... not to mention Doc. I'd almost hope, ya know, depending on how life progresses in the next 2 years, that they go with a slightly more serious route in story-telling should Doc not be available for whatever reason. I'd have a hard time with the movie if they just blew off " Change of Address ".

Honestly, for now, I'm hopeing for the " save Uncle Matt from the scientists " story line. The 5 fraggles, Sprocket and maybe Cotterpin & Wrench could go out searching.... hopefully with Doc.

I dunno, I hope they don't turn me into an Annie Wilkes of Steven King's " Misery " fame with this movie should they decide to glance over any established-in-the-series happenstances. " THEY CAN NOT LEAVE THE COCKADOODY MAGIC!!!!!!! " I don't think I'm *that* nutty but, ya never know. Maybe a thing like screwing with fraggle continuity will send me over the edge. Hee hee!

Nick :smirk:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Foodie said:
I'm more concerned with the story right now. How's Ahmet gonna pull off something that can sensibly take place after " Change of Address "? Lot'sa stuff happened in the fraggle world by the time the series ended. I hope they don't " forget " that the fraggles & gorgs befriended each other... not to mention Doc. I'd almost hope, ya know, depending on how life progresses in the next 2 years, that they go with a slightly more serious route in story-telling should Doc not be available for whatever reason. I'd have a hard time with the movie if they just blew off " Change of Address ".
Brian Henson said in an interview last year that fans should expect the movie to be something more of a "revisiting" of the classic characters, rather than a straightforward continuation of the series. Brian said the plan is "to do something that sort of stands next to the Fraggle Rock series rather than be a continuation of the show." So if you are looking for it to fit perfectly into the Fraggle Rock cannon established by the show, you might be out of luck as this will be a reimagining rather than a continuation of the franchise.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Brian Henson said in an interview last year that fans should expect the movie to be something more of a "revisiting" of the classic characters, rather than a straightforward continuation of the series. Brian said the plan is "to do something that sort of stands next to the Fraggle Rock series rather than be a continuation of the show." So if you are looking for it to fit perfectly into the Fraggle Rock cannon established by the show, you might be out of luck as this will be a reimagining rather than a continuation of the franchise.
Yeah, I mean the film won't be set in 1988, nor will Gobo be 20-years older. Maybe it will be like a midquel (like taking place between the events of seasons 2 and 3, except set in the year 2007 not 1984).

BEAR

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:

I think that makes more sense and will be easier to write a good story, while still dealing with issues of today maybe. I mean, they were sort of hinting that the Gorgs will have a special role in this. I can sort of imagine them being a cause for drama and conflict in this. That Junior Gorg is quite destructive you know.

Foodie

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Ick. Oh well. It is Fraggle Rock though. Maybe I can get my foot in the door before it's too late... or at least get my foot in some place where it'll be noticed.... or felt. :wink:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Will Sprocket be in the movie? He was my fav.:smile: