1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Which Series Three Figure Is Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Fozzie, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Which Series 3 figure is your favorite so far? I just recently ordered my series 3 figure and they won't be delivered until Thursday but judging by the photos it will either be Zoot:cool: or Scooter;)
  2. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

My favorite is Rowlf. He is just so classy and the piano is just absolutely amazing.

My least favorite is Scooter because he has two of the same hand making one of them backwards. He's got a lot of great accessories, but to me that makes him a weaker character. I would rather have one or two really great accessories that really fit the character rather than a whole bunch that are sort of related, but just end up as clutter around the figure's feet.

That being said, every character in Series 3 is great, unlike one or two characters in previous series where I felt like I was purchasing it for purely completist sake.
  3. daniel0son

daniel0son New Member

I am really a fan of Rowlf just because of the awesome grand piano. However, Scooter is pretty cool too because of all the accesories.

I think it is a toss up between the two. Either way, this series seems to be the real starting point for what could be a lot of mass marketing. :zany:
  4. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Zoot baby! :cool:
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

Lew Zealand...one of the best figs in the entire line!! Scooter ranks a close second behind him for series 3. Then Zoot and finally Rowlf. I actually broke down and bought a Rowlf last week mainy for the piano. he's pretty cool and I look forward ot displaying him with the tux kermit and Jim Henson figure (when the latter comes out) but I think he has a few problems that have to be worked out. but Lew is defiintly the best one in this series!

--Matt
  6. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I'd say that :cool: will probably be my favorite because of his take-a-part saxaphone.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Scooter is hands down the best figure of the line so far. Knee articulation, loaded with detail, wow! I think the accessories were very appropriate and the scale is spot-on except when compared to Kermit. But the frog is really is a tiny guy. ;) I can't put this figure down!

I don't have a least fave. I love them all. This is the strongest quality wave. :cool:
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I don't have a Rowlf or Kitchen yet; but of Lew, Scooter, and Zoot, it is :cool: because he's just way sooo cool a guy.

Kev
  9. fozziebear900

fozziebear900 New Member

I would say either Rowlf or Scooter.

I think Rowlfs piano is fantastic. I also think that the mini Beethoven bust is cool to. However Scooter has loads of cool accesorys like his skateboard. I can't decide which one i would say is the best.

:sympathy: :o :concern: :zany:
  10. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

:cool: Zoot :cool: by far
  11. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

:sympathy: Rowlf is my #1 favorite overall, series 1 through 3.

Although I agree & don't think there's one weak figure in the series 3 lineup either. :cool: Zoot has got to be one of my absolute favorites overall as well. And my Lew Zealand is flawless. I can't seem to put Scooter down either. I just keep wishing he would have come with a movie slate and a backpack instead of the fast food paraphinalia.

Jamie, you've been raving about Scooter figure perfection for some time. So I'm surprised to hear you saying how he's not quite in scale in comparison to Kermit now. :confused: As far as I can tell Scooter is right on, size wise. But I just don't think I've ever seen him with his jacket unbuttoned. ;)
  12. Michael Crawford

Michael Crawford New Member

Too hard to choose!

All the sculpts and accessories are so dead on in Series 3 that it's **** hard to choose...

I'd have to say Lew though, probably because he surprised me the most in terms of how much I liked him. Scooter I knew would be a favorite, but I figured Lew would be...meh. He turned out so much better than I anticipated, that he takes the lead.

Michael
    MWC
  13. bats1972

bats1972 New Member

I am going to have to say I think the repaint Zoot :cool: is my favorite. I really love that reddish, rusty color shirt.

But all of series three really is outstanding!!!
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I cannot decide! Of course, I have but Scooter and Lew, so I can't judge until I get Rowlf:sympathy: or Zoot:cool: .
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

SuperGrover

I have mentioned a few times that Scooter seems big only compared to Kermit. But I still feel he's in scale. There aren't many pictures with Scooter and Kermit standing next to each other from head to toe. It's just weird when you actually see it. If anything Kermit might be a little too small compared to the rest of the gang. It's just hard to tell. He is actually pretty small.

This is also mentioned here http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/tms_figures_series3.shtml
  16. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

I dont have series 3 yet but I saw them at MegaCon when i bought my Tour Animal and regular Floyd and from what I seen :sympathy: looks bad ***! But that could change when I ever I get all of series 3 and open them.
  17. beakerman

beakerman New Member

Lew Zealand. He's obviously not the most popular of all the muppets, but it's absolutely wonderful that Palisades is keeping in touch with what the fans want. Obviously no muppets line would be complete without someone like Rowlf or Scooter, but throwing Lew in (especially so early in the process) shows how much they care about the fans of less mainstream muppets.

also my Lew's paint job is perfect and the sculpt is dead on!
  18. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I finaly recieved my S3 figures and my fav is...:sympathy: He is great! I love the piano. Scooter is great and so is Zoot. But Rowlf is the best! And plus, I recieved the variant Zoot. I am glad because I wasn't excited about the tan shirt.
  19. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

Lew Zealand is my favorite muppet, but I think Scooter takes the cake. In my display, Scooter is running with clipboard in hand at the forefront, with everyone else behind having fun. I'm just super impressed with how far they went on Scooter. The Piano is great too, but Scooter ;) wins overall because of all the great details to both him and his accessories.

Tony:halo:
  20. camax

camax New Member

It has to be Lew Zealand for me, because he is the guy that Palisades FINALLY made me break down and buy for my first figure. I just could not resist him. Now, because they released Lew, I'll likely end up with a collection! The **** broke and all I see is flying fish!

I may need to get Rowlf because Holy Accessories that is a cool piano, and I miss Jim too.