Which songs from the Street could be redone for the modern day ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
What songs from the street do you think could be redone to withstand the new generation ?

I have always felt that the "Read me a Story" song, sung by Big Bird and Zoe could be redone to make it feel like a much more family song, you know have the entire muppet cast sing a line from within their character.

RyGuy

Reaction score
how about "How Could I tell you I Love you. Originally done " By Randy Travis with tellt. . I alwalways felt that could have been released to country radio as a single I'd have Alan Jackson re-do it with Zoe . Sort of a "Father/daughter " style duet and have zoe sing a line this time . Have they ever tried releasing a song done on Sesame Street to radio ? if not that would be an excllent first try . If it enterted top ten, that would be really soething. That song sounds so country radio-equse . This would be a great season 42 experiment . releasing a song as a radio single

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I actually think most classic Sesame Street songs could be redone for the modern day (not that they all should, but many have been remade too many times). The various disco songs would probably be an exception, especially if the word "disco" is in the lyrics and title.

Do De Rubber Duck probably couldn't either, as many of the verses were rather character-specific, and some of those characters are hardly on the show anymore. Unless they changed some of the verses.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
The various disco songs would probably be an exception, especially if the word "disco" is in the lyrics and title.
those work too, just in a different context. in the 2006 sesame street live show elmo makes music, bert sings the bee gees song "you should be dancing". it works quite well, with bert's familiar lines like "we're groovin' now." while in the 70s bert's attempt at disco were funny because he was a square who couldn't dance, now it's funny because he's a square who likes out-of-fashion stuff like leisure suits & disco.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... just about ANY song can be reworked. How many songs are so timeless, they never go absent from SS for too long? Wasn't there a season where Sing was in every third episode?

Even Disco. Disco's always around (unfortunately).. even if its used in a campy sense. They used an instrumental version of the Disco version of Rubber Duckie a couple times in season 35, right?

And any song that can't be used without certain characters CAN be rewritten for other characters. if they can rewrite an Oscar version of Bein' Green, they can rewrite anything.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even Disco. Disco's always around (unfortunately).. even if its used in a campy sense. They used an instrumental version of the Disco version of Rubber Duckie a couple times in season 35, right?
I didn't know that disco was still around. I don't see what's so unfortunate about it being around, though.

But still, I wonder if kids would be confused if they remade "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco".

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Ernie could sing One Fine Face or Imagination with Abby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But still, I wonder if kids would be confused if they remade "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco".
Kids being confused by anything is just an old wives tale the child psychologists who work on the show made up. I swear it is. Kids don't know disco's dead... I sure didn't at the time. It's just music to them. There's no difference between disco, polka and speed metal. It's just different kinds of music.