Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season Five

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The Muppet Show's closing theme changed at least 3 times throughout the show's five-year run. Which versions of the theme were your favorites in the lot?

Me? It's kinda hard to choose, because all 3 of them are great in their own ways, in addition to being a great, catchy, memorable tune. :sing:

dwmckim

Reaction score
The original was a lot swingy-er than the others which i love. I'm thinking in terms as music, not audio - but visually i also love Crazy Harry's being there anxiously awaiting a chance to ding the triangle even though there isn't any triangle dings in the closing theme.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like the last season closing the best. For one, it's the only closing with Lips, but as far as I remember this version of the closing theme is the first version I heard, as it was used in the Playhouse Video compilations (at least the ones I rented; In recent years I've seen The Kermit and Miss Piggy Story and Children's Songs and Stories on YouTube, and those videos had special versions of the closing theme), and I always liked the big trumpet solo heard there (and was disapointed when I first saw the first closing theme and it wasn't there).

Incidently, my favorite seasons are the three that introduced new closing themes.