1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

While we're pairing off Fraggles...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Hrodulf, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Hrodulf

Hrodulf New Member

. . . here's my two cents (probably worth only one cent in 1984 money) in favor of Mokey & Boober.

Mokey's probably the only one who could . . . deal with Boober's personality. And they would probably have the most emo kids in history. Which is comedy gold in and of itself.

Then if Red ends up with Gobo, Wembly's left out in the cold. We need some kind fanfic writer to dream up a cute, confused, indecisive fraggle for Wembly (I almost typed in 'female' also, but I didn't want to be homophobic).

Of course, these are all puppets from a tv show and they aren't going to pair off, but it's fun to pretend.

2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

There is a handful of us who have paired Wembley up with Lou Fraggle in a couple of Fraggle fics. I think that she had a little crush on him in one of the episodes, the specific one escapes me at the moment. But anyway, that's something at least.

3. Hrodulf

Hrodulf New Member

Who's "Lou Fraggle?"

I don't remember FR well enough to know who Lou Fraggle is; I only remember a few episodes from when I was 9 years old watching it on HBO. I remember a valley that made them all forget everything, and another one about this guy who was a singer, and Mokey wanted to hang out with him and sing with him too, but he said it was a bad idea, and then there was another one where Mokey and Red had a big fight, and then there was another one when Wembley got brainwashed by the Gorgs and . . . hm, something to do with Cotterpin, but I don't remember anything specific.

Cotterpin's great. "My name is Cotterpin, not 'little doozer.'" Lol!

I don't remember anything about a Lou Fraggle.

Also, slight off topic, but it strikes me that Gobo's voice sounds slightly Scandinavian. Was his voice actor Scandinavian? (I did a little bit of research and found out that Jerry Nelson was born in Oklahoma, which has a Scandinavian population, but that doesn't answer the question. . . )

(According to http://www.rook.org/surnames/nelson/nelson/nelsonhome.html the last name is consistent with Scandinavian ethnic heritage as well . . . still not certain, but the Magic 8Ball says that signs point to yes).

(8) . o O ( Signs Point to 'Yes' )

See?

4. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

Lou was pretty cool. Shame that she wasn't in more episodes and she seemed to me like a great match for Wembley. She had her own mind and was decisive but not over-bearingly so. She encouraged Wembley to think for himself instead of going along with what everyone said.

5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Jerry Nelson could very well be of Scandinavian descent, but I don't think that has anything to do with the voice. Jerry Nelson has done several voices and dialects for his characters which include Floyd, Count Von Count and Pops the doorman. The reason for the accent is probably because Gobo Fraggle is Canadian.

6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Actually, I've read that Gobo is supposed to sound Canadian, hence all of the " ehs ". :smirk:

7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Yeah, I just said that.

8. Hrodulf

Hrodulf New Member

Ok, good points. I guess we'll never know!:confused:

9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Gobo is definately supposed to be Canadian. Trust me. ;)

10. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

The Trash Heap, however, is a little more difficult to place, probably Eastern Europe by way of the Bronx. But Philo and Gunge are definitely both from New York or north Jersey.

11. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

ok i'm sorry but i'm a fan of the original story. I dont see any (like i said once before) Dawson Creek connection. Sure, because Dawson and Joey were friends, n they got together, doesn't mean we'll be seeing some fraggle on fraggle action. And for that, i'm glad.

Ok, so its a fanfic. but why? Why not have Elmo and Zoey git together... i mean if you want to use yer imagination on Gobo n Red or Boober with Mokey... Elmo and Zoey are clearly JUST FRIENDS... so obviously they're suppossed to be together... judgin by yer standards... am i right?

Not trying to argue, just tryin to voice my opinion about all this sillyness. I git it tho. Most of you THOUGHT they'd be together... but why make fanfics about it?

12. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

:confused: What's wrong with writing fanfics?

13. Hrodulf

Hrodulf New Member

Elmo is too annoying to get together with anybody. And I really just brought it up because it's an interesting way to explore the characters' personalities, and how they would interact in a 'what if' relationship situation that will obviously never happen.

Same thing for fanfiction, it's just another way to explore who the characters are.

And until someone proposes cotterpin/trash heap, I'm darned if I can find anything wrong with it (I tried to quote a line from 2001, but the relevant word got censored).

14. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Some of my family is Candian!

15. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I've read that too, and it makes perfect sense. Yet some part of me is somewhat confused and slightly amused about it: is there a "Canada" in Fraggle Rock?
    Also, I wonder if Jerry Nelson created that part of Gobo through performing or if the writers planned it.

16. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I see your side, too. Personally, I'm a romance-lover when it comes to television, but I often get in over my head about it. Sometimes, though, in my opinion, it's just better for characters to stay friends because a friendship has parts to it that a romantic relationship does not.

CoOKiE likes this.
  17. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I think it's both!

18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, OLD POST! And yay! Yeah, I love Gobo's tiny knitted tuque. A small nod to where they filmed it... though Toronto is one of the most "american" places in Canada, which is a bit ironic! But maybe it wasn't in the 80s.

19. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Yeah, I guess you're right---maybe it's the northern part of the rock...:)