White Tux Rowlf

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I haven't heard of this figure. where did you here about him?

Zack)Rowlf the, i can't let one rowlf figure get away from me!;-)Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
I thought people wouldn't pick up on this so fast - *rolls eyes* - it's an industry giveaway people, Palisades have a right to do promotional things for the industry and not give it to customers - the whole record industry is based on CD's with 'promo only- not for sale' written on them. Palisades made this FAR worse on themselves by giving in before on the invisible beaker, then the Holiday Kermit so i can't blame people for wanting it !

So depends on if the run was 500 or not - sounds like it might have been as that was the number of WW Dr Teeths. If so unlikely it'd be offered but i guess they could lottery any leftovers. Seeing as it's a blizzard in NY i guess not a lot of industry people stayed around for the freebies.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! LUKE! Your using that as your new sig! oh what an honor!...i Think? LOL!!!!

Oh, so it's a give away? that make sense, i would still like one "in a i'm not being a winney collector way" it's Rowlf! i just wish the give away was an all white lew zealand
:wink: j/k!
thanks for the info!

MikeBatesmen

Reaction score
I went to ToyFair to report for 411Figures and was lucky enough to get a White Tux Rowlf. Now I swear I heard Michael Renegar say "I can only give you guys one becuase we only made 130 of these them." But as I talk to other people, I'm beginning to see that seems too low. So now I'm thinking it may have been more like 430 to correspond to the Suite Number they were given, which I think they did once before. I guess we'll have to wait for Palisades to return for further confirmation.

zachatack

Reaction score
I wonder just how many of these were produced, and if they will eventually have a lottery. They are in the $160-$200 range on eBay and there's not too many of them. We shall see.:sympathy:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They announced at the Palisades board that they are not having a lottery for White Tux Rowlf since he is an industry giveaway.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
They announced at the Palisades board that they are not having a lottery for White Tux Rowlf since he is an industry giveaway.
aww...Phillip beat me to it.

about the number of figures made...obviously, i can't pull up where he said it, but Ken said that what happened is that they only had part of their stock there at the show, and were sending the rest to whomever they may have promised them too once they came in. that's why you heard such a low number.

and that's the end of that...as far as we're concerned, every one of them is accounted for. so if you really want one that bad, start checking eBay or get some white paint and an extra tux Rowlf. 'cause those are your only chances. i think what happens is that because of the close contact Ken and company have with us (not that kind of "close contact", get your mind out of the gutter), we, as a group, tend to forget that at the end of the day, Palisades is still a business...and therefor are subject to making choices that are going to be unpopular with some of the fans.

but if it makes you feel any better about not getting a white tux Rowlf, then you might check out the "Micronauts" section of the Palisades board (if it ever comes back up). these guys have been waiting for a revival for upwards of 30 years for some...and Ken just had to tell them that series 3 isn't going to happen. now which is worse, not having a repaint of a figure that you can purchase readily...or having your line cancelled?

just a thought...

GWGumby

Reaction score
It's not just because it was an industry giveaway, but also because they simply don't have any to give away since all the ones they had made were given out at Toy Fair or are spoken for.