Whitmire as Lew Zealand?

Squonk

Reaction score
Over at the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com) the listing for "The Muppets Take Manhattan" lists one of Steve Whitmire's roles as being the voice for Lew Zealand. Yet Jerry Nelson is still listed as performing Lew.

This is a new one by me. Now the IMDB is edited by readers so who knows who put that up there...but just wondering if anyone knows if this info is true or not?!?!

Princeton

Reaction score
Sadly, the most any of us can do is go by what we hear in the movie, so I personally don't know what the deal is.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
The IMDB has the tendency to be incredibly erroneous. Don't take anything you read on there as hard fact. (For example, it has Karen Prell credited as doing voices for several anime dubs when she herself has stated that it wasn't her.)

But yeah, I don't see any reason for Steve to be performing Lew's voice when Lew was Jerry's character, and Jerry was perfectly capable of performing both the voice and the puppet himself. Even if a situation arose where Steve would have had to temporarily puppeteer Lew (such as he did with Fozzie in The Muppet Movie when both Fozzie and Piggy were in a scene and Frank was performing Piggy), Jerry would have certainly dubbed the voice in afterward.

So yeah...don't believe everything you read on the Internet. :smirk:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Jerry did the voice in that movie, im 99.9% sure it sounds exactly like Jerry not Steve at all!

Squonk

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
The IMDB has the tendency to be incredibly erroneous. Don't take anything you read on there as hard fact. (For example, it has Karen Prell credited as doing voices for several anime dubs when she herself has stated that it wasn't her.)

So yeah...don't believe everything you read on the Internet. :smirk:
Oh don't get me wrong...I don't believe it for a second. I just figured the folks on this board had a good chance of confirming one way or the other.

The IMDB is a great site, but any and every fan-geek rumor that pops up seems to make it's way over there.