Who are the muppets parodies of?

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
For instance:
Dr. Teeth is obviously Dr. John
I think Scooter was supposed to be a sort of Ron Howard (Opie/Ritchie Cunningham) take off.
I'm pretty sure Janice was based on Joni Mitchell and I think Animal may have been inspired by Terry Bozio, Frank Zappa's drummer in the mid seventies. Check out this link to see what I mean:
http://www.maniaman.com/iamslime.html

J~

Drtooth

Reaction score
Please tell me you do not know maynard!!!!

But the Dr. John is right! Dr. Teeth was based off him, even though I still think he has Elton John-ish quality.

Scooter is actually based on Richard Hunt. He was really gung ho about stuff when he first got to work for Henson.

But Sesame Street is chock full of Parody Muppets,

For example:

Bruce Stringbean and the S-Street band
The Oinker Sisters
The Beetles
Billy Idle
The Letter Hunter (last season, a Crock hunter parody)
Sherlock Hemlock
Guy Smiley (not so much as a specific parody, more like a satire of Game Show hosts in general)
and much, much more!

Beauregard

Reaction score
No, No, No, No, No. *grons in agony* Wha, Wha, Wha.

Please, save us from the MUPPETS ARE PARADY people of this world.

NO Mr Farmer of Hair. I am not being rude to or about you, it is just that a certain person (no name droping) has been filling this board with the Muppets are Paradies so much that we are all tired *FALLS ON THE SOFA AND SLEEPS FOR A WEEK* That's better now I'm not tired any more and so I can answer your question.

Although it seems that ) 1 Muppet is a Parady of somone, the rest arn't. BUT, Muppets from Space is almost entirly a Parady of other Space Films.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
No, No, No, No, No. *grons in agony* Wha, Wha, Wha.

Please, save us from the MUPPETS ARE PARADY people of this world.

NO Mr Farmer of Hair. I am not being rude to or about you, it is just that a certain person (no name droping) has been filling this board with the Muppets are Paradies so much that we are all tired *FALLS ON THE SOFA AND SLEEPS FOR A WEEK* That's better now I'm not tired any more and so I can answer your question.

Although it seems that ) 1 Muppet is a Parady of somone, the rest arn't. BUT, Muppets from Space is almost entirly a Parady of other Space Films.
Don't panic! I don't think all of them are parodies of someone, just a few that I've noticed and thought would be interesting to discuss. But if this is a zombie topic I can move on. I guess "maynard" was the parody maniac?
J~

Beauregard

Reaction score
You don't really think so do you??? Goodness Gracious.

It's not that we mind this topic, It's just that we mind, well, this topic.

It's only like the WHY ARE RAWLF AND SCOOTER RETIRED and GONZO IS NOT AN ALIEN topics that I keep starting

Still I don't think many a paradys. Oh and Gonzo is not an alien.:cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
However, Maynard was more like: Okay!!! These are who the Muppets are! They are Ripoffs (Beaker incidently made a hillarious satire of those posts).

Hairfamer is more like, it seems to me...I think...I may be wrong...

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
For some weird reason Baby Sinclair reminds me of John Belushi. Maybe its the eyebrows.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
You don't really think so do you??? Goodness Gracious.

It's not that we mind this topic, It's just that we mind, well, this topic.

It's only like the WHY ARE RAWLF AND SCOOTER RETIRED and GONZO IS NOT AN ALIEN topics that I keep starting

Still I don't think many a paradys. Oh and Gonzo is not an alien.:cool:
Rowlf was never retired. Luckily, he's saying alot more nowadays.

Scooter finally came out of retirement in "Muppets From Space", but apparently hasnt been seen on film since.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Rowlf was never retired. Luckily, he's saying alot more nowadays.
Are you serious? I thought he had to be retired as a tribute to Jim Henson? Where has he appeared lately?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought he had been retired as a tribute too. Though I still don't see why he was retired as a tribute. I would have thought that keeping the muppets with good story lines would have been a better tribute.