Who counts as a monster

Saironi

Reaction score
All characters who are monsters (or linked to them) go here for discussion.

Such as....

The Crocodile (he sings with the monsters)
Svengali, the magician from the Peter Ustinov episode (he's said to look like a vampire, and a vampire's a monster)
Gonzo (after all, they never wonder what he is on the show, he's a frackle, so he counts)
Shaky (is refered to as a monster)
Droop (same as Shaky)
The Koozbainians (aliens count as monsters)
Lenny the Lizard (he often performs with the monsters)
The Warthog (he sings with the monsters, so he also counts if ya think about it)

Any I missed who might count?

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, Gonzo is an alien type creature.

The Koozbanians are Koozbanians. That's their species. They are a species of alien. Aliens are aliens, not monsters. Just like the Yip Yips on Sesame Street. They are Martians and are not related to the monster species of Cookie or Grover and them.

Lenny is a lizard.
Crocodile is a...umm...crocodile
and the warthog is a warthog.

Also, I dunno if I would put vampire in the same category as monster. The Count Von Count is a vampire, but not one of the monsters.

Hope this helps.:smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BEAR said:

The Koozbanians are Koozbanians. That's their species. They are a species of alien. Aliens are aliens, not monsters. Just like the Yip Yips on Sesame Street. They are Martians and are not related to the monster species of Cookie or Grover and them.

Lenny is a lizard.

Also, I dunno if I would put vampire in the same category as monster. The Count Von Count is a vampire, but not one of the monsters.

Lenny the Lizard is actually a frackle/lizard so Lenny is considered a monster. Because many of the frackles on TMS and "The Great Santa Clause Switch" are lizardlike and look like birds and certain other strange creatures. :big_grin:

Saironi

Reaction score
BEAR said:

Lenny is a lizard.

Well, it does, but Svengali, the Koozbaninians, the Crocodile and Lenny are "linked" to the monsters, in that each if the creatures they're modled after can count for movie monsters, that's what I was talking about.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed Muppets from Space, I can't allow myself to use that film as the definitive Gonzo origin. I always preferred to accept Gonzo as what he was without any specific explanation. So I'm content to consider him a monster, especially since he originated with the Frackles.

BEAR

Reaction score
Saironi said:
Well, it does, but Svengali, the Koozbaninians, the Crocodile and Lenny are "linked" to the monsters, in that each if the creatures they're modled after can count for movie monsters, that's what I was talking about.
Oh okay. Sorry, i may have misunderstood what you are trying to do. I wasn't intending to bust your bubble ya know. I guess I was confused.:zany:

Saironi

Reaction score
No harm no foul. I'm sure that you will now agree that those characters can be considered monsters though, yes?

BEAR

Reaction score
Saironi said:
No harm no foul. I'm sure that you will now agree that those characters can be considered monsters though, yes?
Yeah i guess I can see it.

Saironi

Reaction score
Good. So, what do you think now that you're clear on what I was saying?