1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who did the voices of cartoon fraggles?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Drtooth, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people here hate, dislike, or rather liked the cartoon Fraggle Rock. I also know that somehow, there was some reason that the actual puppeteers can't do their voices. But what I want to know is this:

Who voiced who in the cartoon Fraggle Rock? I've searched the internet for answers, but they all seem to be different. Some say "such and such" does the voice of Matt, and some say something different. One site lists Bronsan Pinchot (Balki Bartakamous of the 80's sit-com Perfect Strangers). The only time they converge is Rob Paulsen as Boober. I met him (Rob, not Boober), and that poor excuse is my Muppet connection.

If any one actually taped a few episodes (or any of our UK posters here has the tapes) can you watch the credits, pause the video and write some down? I appreciated it! :rolleyes:
  2. Smig

Smig New Member

This is taken from the JIM HENSON'S WORLD OF TELEVISION CATALOG at THE MUSEUM OF TV AND RADIO, NY...

Storyteller Fraggle....Stu Rosen

Wembley Fraggle......Bob Bergen

Gobo Fraggle
    Architect Doozer
    Wrench Doozer.........Townsend Coleman

Red Fraggle
    Wingnut Doozer........Barbara Goodson

Junior Gorg...............Michael Laskin

Mokey Fraggle
    Cotterpin Doozer.......Mona Marshall

Ma Gorg....................Patti Paris

Boober Fraggle
    Sprocket
    Majory the Trash Heap.......Rob Paulsen

Traveling Matt Fraggle
    Pa Gorg
    Flange Doozer...................Pat Pinney

Doc
    Philo
    Gunge.............................John Stephenson

Karen Prell had said that the performers of the original series were very interested in doing the voices for the aninated show, but there were (especially Richard Hunt) but there were scheduling conflicts. You might find more info thru Karen Prell's website. www.karenprell.com

Smig
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

<< Who did the voices of cartoon fraggles? >>

Very bad voice over artists !
  4. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Chris Smigliano:

You have that brochure? Does it, perchance, list all Henson-related programs in the Museum's archive? If so, could you transcribe that part and e-mail it to me at tservo2049@sbcglobal.net
  5. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Geez, the only voice I recognize is Townsend Coleman, who did Michaelangelo in the Ninja Turtles cartoon from the 80s. They must have been starving for talent during that time!

- Billy :cool:
  6. Drtooth

I beg to differ. Rob Paulsen is a very popular, and in demand voice actor. A list of his credits include: Raph on Ninja Turtles, Yakko, Dr. Scratchensniff, and Pinky on Animaniacs, P.J. on Goof Troop and both Goofy Movies, Steel Beak on Darkwing Duck,
    Squishington on Bump in the Night, Major Glory on Dexter's Laboratory,

And hundreds of others. A listing is at
    http://voices.fuzzy.com/actor.idc?actor_id=1

As for John Stephenson, he is best remembered as Mr. Slate, Fred Flintstone's boss!
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

That may be so but they really sucked at doing Fraggle voices. It's not their fault - it was the casting director. V/O artists can usually handle under 10 voice styles at most, if the character doesn't fit (and i guess they should have been looking for matches for the original characters) then they have no chance.
  8. Drtooth

As Boris Badenov would say, "I'm guessing so you're right!" But I still like Rob!
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah sorry - i should have said 'very bad imitators of Fraggles' rather than 'bad voice over artists' ! Still i guess i couldnt do any better !
  10. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 New Member

Townsend Coleman and Bob Bergen are both pretty talented too! I mean, Coleman's The Tick is quite possibly the best dumb guy who thinks he's smart voice ever, and Bergen's Tweety is an excellent Mel Blanc imitation. Excellent. They're not very bad, friend, they're very good!

Crazy, Man

Zoot

Just a weak, and belated, attempt at yanking Luke's chain.

Don't make that joke, Luke. I've already heard it.