The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Community
Lost
Prison Break
Heroes
Scrubs

Seems like most people on here have different TV tastes than me
I don't think I've heard of Prison Break (though that doesn't mean it isn't great!) but as for the rest, I've heard good things about all these shows - but I guess I haven't really gotten into any current (or recently ended) shows...not because I don't think they're good...I can't put my finger on it...I love 50's to early 90's shows though... I don't think I've given new stuff much of a chance, I must be fair and admit that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like a good number of those. Other than Prison Break (which I hear got terrible after the second season and was mutually canceled) and both Lost and 24 (which I never got into).

Heroes is probably for the worms now. This is why I'm suspicious of shows that are popular from the start, since they lose that popularity with passing seasons. The strongest shows start small and get bigger with every season. Unfortunately there's little patience for that anymore. Not to mention the fact that Heroes went from being inspired by X-Men to heavily borrowing from X-men to becoming a knockoff of X-Men (that guy from the Carnival was Sooooo Magneto. Don't try to tell me different). Plus, I really wish Hiro and Ando weren't used mainly as comedic releif and were involved in the main plots more often. But I still wish they could have that next season.

Scrubs was something I gradually got into (same with How I met your Mother). But much as I liked it, it should have ended with the season BEFORE the "Med School" season. That was terrible. Half the best characters left, and with it most of the humor. And I found the new characters flat, unrelatable, annoying, and in some cases just too nasty to care about.

Community? If Chevy Chase were that good in the 80's people wouldn't have been cursing his movie career. Second wind? This totally salvaged his career! plus you have to admit, the Spanish teacher had a Red Guy (from Cow and Chicken) level of insanity that just killed me every time I watched.

The Office is going to SUCK without Carell. It is. I'd hate to see them cancel it, but they really should use his absence as a story arc that brings a satisfying ending to the series within the next season, with Carell back in the last episode... sort of a "The place has gone to pot without him, and the company is slowly starting to deteriorate" deal.

If there's one thing that kills a series, it's the star (or multiple stars) leaving the show. Again, Scrubs... but especially "That 70's show!" Remember that last season where Ashton and Topher left, leaving big holes in the cast that were replaced by that unfunny guy with no personality? And then it was canceled half way through the season, having Eric and Kelso to randomly return for the last episode.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The Office is going to SUCK without Carell. It is. I'd hate to see them cancel it, but they really should use his absence as a story arc that brings a satisfying ending to the series within the next season, with Carell back in the last episode... sort of a "The place has gone to pot without him, and the company is slowly starting to deteriorate" deal.

If there's one thing that kills a series, it's the star (or multiple stars) leaving the show. Again, Scrubs... but especially "That 70's show!" Remember that last season where Ashton and Topher left, leaving big holes in the cast that were replaced by that unfunny guy with no personality? And then it was canceled half way through the season, having Eric and Kelso to randomly return for the last episode.
:sleep: The problem with That 70s Show is that Topher Grace was THE main character. The whole show revolved around him. Everyone else in the show were either his family, his friends, or his next door neighbors. The show should have ended when Topher Grace's contract expired. The last season of That 70s Show was essentially the same as what would happen if The Muppet Show had continued on without Kermit. :boo:

I really hope this is the last season of The Office. Some of it's starting to go stale. It's still one of the best shows out there, but everything was set up last season to end it in a really funny and touching way (Dwight buys the building, Kelly takes over the company, and Michael gets Holly back). I'd hate to see the show go, but I'd also hate to see it run until it's canceled for not being funny anymore.

Additionally, I love How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone watch

The Office
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Community
Lost
Prison Break
Heroes
Scrubs

Seems like most people on here have different TV tastes than me
As far as I'm concerned...

The Office = very boring TV
The Big Bang Theory = never watched, but my mom swears it's hilarious
How I Met Your Mother = I've seen it in pieces... seems like another typical mind-numbing sitcom we have today
Community = Never heard of it
24 = Never watched
Lost = Never watched
Prison Break = Never watched, but my sister likes it
Heroes = I only saw it for Hayden Panatierre's lesbian kiss
Scrubs = hate it... it's a M*A*S*H wannabe

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the input, here's where I stand on these shows

I never really cared much for MASH, I've never heard that comparison with Scrubs, I also agree the Med School season was dumb

I'll admit Prison Break went downhill after the Second Season, but I think it came back up for Season 4, so its basically just season 3 that was bad

I hadn't heard about the Office continuing without Michael, but I agree, if Steve Carell goes, the show should end (as much as I love that show)

I think Heroes peaked too soon, the first season was the best and it got dumber since then

As of right now How I Met Your Mother and Community are my absolute favorites.
HIMYM is especially good at keeping consistency and keeping running gags going (such as the Doppelgangers and the Slaps for those of you who watch the show) and I don't know what it is specifically about Community but I love it

Lost is kinda 50/50 for me, I love the show and still love all my favorite characters, but I feel like the Finale could have been better

24 was better in its earlier seasons in my opinion, but still remained good (because anytime Jack Bauer kicks butt its good TV), I still haven't seen the most current season

Big Bang Theory is the newest of my shows and I'm still in the process of getting caught up, but I think I'd put it on Par with the Office as far as my rankings

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope this is the last season of The Office. Some of it's starting to go stale. It's still one of the best shows out there, but everything was set up last season to end it in a really funny and touching way (Dwight buys the building, Kelly takes over the company, and Michael gets Holly back). I'd hate to see the show go, but I'd also hate to see it run until it's canceled for not being funny anymore.
Exactly. I'd like to see the season end with Carell's character getting fired (Isn't that how the British one ended? I forget) and the season after to be the last, because without him, the whole place falls apart... they're unable to sell as much as they used to, Sabre dumps them, or goes under leaving everyone else to scramble for new work. The Last episode? I'd like to see the series end with it being a year later, the documentary is finished and everyone comes back to watch it... even Michael Scott. They have a good laugh and realize they had it better than they thought they did.

As for shows I DON'T care for or just don't watch (since everyone's doing that)...

Parks and Rec: Now, I like the character of Ron Swanson and the obvious parody of Obama era political thinking (or non-thinking)... i.e. we hate big government and paying taxes so much that we'd rather have a giant gaping eye sore of a giant hole in the ground where a condo was than have a trifle of tax money go to filling it in and bringing the property values back up. For the political stuff, it's genius. For the show itself.... remember when Saban's Power Rangers was so popular they themselves ripped it off with VR Troopers? basically the same thing here. Characters are EXACTLY the same, only flatter.

Cougar Town: I liked it initially... but after watching it past the 4th episode, I feel it sucks. The characters all have one mono-personality, which (considering who made the series) seems to be made up of the worst traits of the Scrubs characters. They're all a bunch of 40 year old drunks stuck in an annoying eternal childhood in the wealthiest suburb ever. And Courtney Cox is starting to look like Kinkotsuman (in other words, skeleton man). Seriously... her mouth opens wider than her face.

Glee: I hate to say this... i think it's a very well crafted show... I just can't get into it. Maybe that could change... a lot of shows I love I initially didn't. And I really think it's much more true to life than the sugar coated lies of High School Musical... but it feels like a depressing version of Nerima Daikon Brothers (Japanese cartoon about a would be rock band... highly reccomend it) only the villain doesn't get comeuppance, and seems to shrug defeat off. Again, True to life... but I like escapism. I HATED high school and don't wish to revisit it.

Hot Vampire Shows that don't own any of their success to Twilight at all whatsoever :rolleyes: : yeah.... I just wish there was some way they could rerun Count Duckula or something instead. Where is the camp? Where is the fun? It's just mechanical.

Edit:

Forgot
Rules of Engagement: considering I'm a huge Emperor's New Groove fan, you'd think I'd like a show with David Spade (Kuzco) and Patrick Warburton (Kronk) on it. Heck... you'd think I'd like a show JUST with Patrick on it. But nooo.... no no no. Such a shame. I really think Patrick is wasted on this lame little show.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are the ones i enjoy from your list Gonzo14.

How I Met Your Mother (My friend got me into this show and i love it now)
Rules Of Engagment (And this too)
Two and a Half Men (I've watched this one ever since seeing it)
The Big Bang Theory (Same with this one my friend)
Community (Just started watching the reruns)
Scrubs (I have all of the Seasons expect for the newest one which is the last one)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might as well add some I like:

Anyone like or watch any of these shows?

Jacob Two-Two: Canadian series about the youngest of 5 kids who goes to a miserable school run by a corrupt principal that continuously swindles money from the district... he lives next door to a retired secret agent and his pet Hamster... his library is run by Ninjas...his middle sister and brother (twins) think they're a super Hero problem solving force. Basically if you got stuck with digital conversion TV and have qubo, the only series still on that's worth watching. Especially since they got rid of Spliced, Class of the Titans and Bein;' Ian. Has a lot of Canadian in jokes that I don't quite get, but still are funny.

Batman Brave and the Bold: Don't give me that "I don't want a lighthearted Batman series" stuff. It's one of the best action cartoons I've seen in a while with snappy writing, and biting satire of the Batman Legacy... mocking everything from the 60's animated series to The Batman. It's the first series that actually incorporated Plastic Man since his 80's series, and it actually makes Aquaman INTERRESTING. Plus, it manages to work in the weirdest, craziest, what-were-they-thinkingest villains in DC's history. While I do love the Dark gritty 1990's Batman TAS series, this is a refreshing view of the character... especially coming out of the super dark Chris Nolan movies. Very much better than The Batman which basically had no idea what it wanted to be.

Wordgirl: I don't care if it's basically a show to teach kids vocabulary... it's one of the sharpest Super Hero parody series I've seen since Fox unceremoniously canceled The Tick. The humor is both broad and subtle, and definitely written by adults for kids and not adults who talk down to a bunch of idiots. It's in the same class as other Soup to Nuts shows like Home Movies... plus, the weirdest rouge's gallery since Powerpuff Girls. A Guy with a sandwich for a head who lives in his mother's basement who thinks he's truly evil but poses little or no threat? That line alone should get you watching.