Who Has Kermit Fired or Threatened to Fire?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Kermit firing Wayne and Wanda a while back, but then rehiring them out of guilt, but then firing them again remembering how terrible they were.

When Kermit was sick and Fozzie was in charge of the show and messed everything up, Kermit fired him, but then changed his mind when Fozzie was happy to see him again. Also in the Roy Clark episode, Kermit told Fozzie if one more thing goes wrong, he's fired. Then the theater caught on fire.

Also in the Loretta Swit episode, Piggy started rumors about her and Kermit and he got so mad that he fired her. But then Kermit took her back in the end.

And in the Alice and Wonderland episode, Floyd refused to do the catterpillar scene until Kermit threatened to fire him, so Floyd did it.

And when George the Janitor said he dressed up like a Phantom to scare everyone, Kermit told him if he does that again, he'd be out of a job.

I really don't like seeing those scenes when Kermit is in firing mode.

golden teeth

Reaction score
He fires Wayne and Wanda, but it was mentioned long after he did it.

Kermit threatened to get rid of Veteranrain's Hospital when in a sketch he was eaten.

He threatened to fire Scooter(don't remember episode)
Kermit: This go-fer is gonna be a gone-fer in a minute.

Kermit was too mean when the series started out. He was mean to Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo and everyone else.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
When Fozzie did the "frenology" (I have no idea how it's spelled) where he reads Kermit's fortune by reading the bumps on his head. He streches Kermit's neck and says "Tommorrow, you will have a stiff neck". Kermit replies, "You're gonna have another job tommorrow, too".

wes

Reaction score
Nigel Threaten to Fire Zoot, in the sckech where Mahna Mahna play the bell with Zoot. I think that was the Sax and Violents song, I guess he's has fireing capablities too!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I distinctly remember that line. It was on the Vincent Price episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Kermit threatened to get rid of Veteranrain's Hospital when in a sketch he was eaten.
In the Muppet labs sketch where Bunsen invented a teleporter, at the end, when Bunsen said "That's all today from Muppet Labs", Kermit said "you bet that's all!"

golden teeth said:

I never thought about that line being a threat to Scooters job. Of course, if kermit did threaten to fire Scooter, all Scooter had to do was say that his uncle would be disapointed (or give some mention of his uncle) and kermit would have let him stay.

Saironi

Reaction score
wes said:
Nigel Threaten to Fire Zoot, in the sckech where Mahna Mahna play the bell with Zoot. I think that was the Sax and Violents song, I guess he's has fireing capablities too!
He'd have to talk about that with Kermit first. Though I think it was an attempt to make Nigel seem less wimpy.

David French

Reaction score
I don't know that Kermit was mean per se in the first season. He was acting less as a friend and more as the boss. His relationship with the rest of the cast changed over time, beginning with the second season.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Kermit is just trying to keep everyone on their toes. Although making humor at attempting to fire somebody isn't the best way to get peopel to try harder.

ryan