1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who is best Friends

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by dwayne1115, Mar 3, 2005.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok i dont know if this has been talked about before but i wonder who is whos best friend. Now theres some we alredy know.

1. Erine and Bert
    2. Big Bird and Sunffy

Thats the only two i can think ok off hand who else is best firneds on SS anyone know. :p :(
  2. Rowbes

Rowbes New Member

umm...
    Elmo and Zoe
    Oscar and Slimey
  3. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

How about...

the two headed monster

hee hee

;)
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Don't forget Telly and Baby Bear.
  5. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Cookie Monster and Food!!!! Just kidding :) I don't know, does Cookie have a best friend?
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i dont really know if cookie does or not. what about Grover. is fat blue his friend. or is Kermit his friend. or is it elmo. lol when i think about Elmo and Grover i always think about the telegram skit where there are being singinng telegramer and Grover is trying to be so cool and teach elmo what to do.

I love the battel of Grover and elmo that was going on.
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I wouldn't think that Grover and Fat Blue are very good friends. Maybe Grover and Cookie Monster, or Grover and Herry. Just a few thoughts.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I thought it was Elmo and.......Blanket?
  9. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford New Member

When I was a kid, I had a set of Volumes known as the Sesame Street Treasury, there was 15 volumes all together and in each volume there was a profile of a different charachter that listed their favorite food, favorite drink, pet peeve, and also their best friends. Here's all of them

Big Bird: Snuffy

Snuffy: Big Bird

Oscar the Grouch: Grungetta

Cookie Monster: The Baker

Betty Lou: Luis (don't know why this is, perhaps in the 70's she was seen around the fix it shop a lot)

Forgetful Jones: Clementime

Prarie Dawn: Herry Monster

Herry Monster: Prarie Dawn

Ernie: Bert

Bert: Ernie

Telly: Oscar

The Two Headed Monster: The Honkers (This puzzles me, the only time I ever saw them together is in the sketch when they spelled out the word Honk)

Grover: Everybody!!!

There was a few more that I have forgotten all about, does anyone else remember what they were?
  10. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I have those books too. I think that the other two characters featured were the Count and Barkley, but I cannot remember who their best friends were. Barkleys was probably either Linda or Big Bird. I unfortunately cannot check now because I am at school, but I can look it up during my spring break in a few weeks.
  11. ceecee

ceecee Member

As for the humans, Bob and Linda seemed like best friends.

Of course, then there's Maria and Luis, Gordon and Susan.
  12. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

Bert and Ernie are friends? (Laughing out loud). Just kidding.

Now, I only watched a limited number of "Sesame Street" episodes when I was much younger. I just watched it, because of the muppets. But, here is who I know are friends, or who I think are friends, anyway:

Bert and Ernie (Ernie is also friends with Cookie Monster)

Grover, Cookie Monster, and Herry Monster
    (I think the 3 are friends, I know Grover and Cookie Monster may very well be. Herry Monster and Prairie Dawn are also friends, and Cookie Monster and Lulu may be friends)

Big Bird and Snaffleupagus (Big Bird may also be friends with Little Bird and Barkley, you know, since I think about it since Little Bird and Alice Snaffleupagus are both girls, they may be friends)

Herry Monster and Prairie Dawn (from the earlier response)

Elmo and Zoe

Oscar and Grungetta (Oscar is also friends with Slimey and obviously the other grouches, except if he is so antisocial point, he does not even like other grouches) Are Oscar and Telly really friends?!? (speaking of which, I never saw Baby Bear, but I really have to agree with the previous response that Telly and him are friends)

The Count and his two girlfriends (Countess von Backwards and Countess von Darling)

Forgetful Jones and Clementine

Rodeo and her horse

Kermit the Frog is friends with every muppet from both series: "Sesame Street" and "The Muppets Show"

Biff and Bruno (sorry if the names are wrong, but you know, the two construction workers)

Muppetmonster

P.S. I will be posting on one of the sections on the site, who are friends on the other muppet show: "The Muppet Show"/"The Muppets Tonight"
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

It's Biff and Sully. Bruno is the guy who carry's around Oscar's trashcan. I don't think he has too many friends besides Oscar though.
  14. pheonix

pheonix New Member

I tell you wot i don't know who Grovers best friend is but i'd love to be his best friend!!! He is soo sweet, you've just gotta love him!!!
  15. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford New Member

Well accroding to those set of Volumes I used to have Grover's best friend is EVERYBODY so you ARE Grover's Best friend. Consider yourself lucky ;)
  16. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I think I can help with this...

Here we go.....

MUPPETS:
    Big Bird
    Snuffy
    Elmo
    Ernie(I Want to Go Home-SS book from the 80's)
    Bert(same as above)
    Oscar(same/ Follow that Bird)
    Cookie Monster(IWTGH)
    Grover(same as the previous four)
    Telly
    Little Bird

Cookie Monster
    Grover
    Herry
    Lulu

Oscar the Grouch
    Slimey
    Elmo(Elmo in Grouchland)
    Grundgetta
    Roscoe
    Felix
    Maria
    Lothar the Grouch Alien(episode w/ C3PO and R2D2 visiting the street)

Ernie
    Bert
    Jerome(he mentioned this in the SS Numbers record)
    Grover(in the "Imagination" song)
    Cookie(same as above)
    Herry(same thing)

Bert
    Ernie
    Big Bird(Cold in My S'nose story at the SS website)
    Oscar(same as above)
    The Count(same as the previous two)

Elmo
    Zoe
    Big Bird(Deborah Norville Tonight episode on Sesame's 35th anniversary)
    Ernie(Elmo's World)
    Bert(EW)
    Oscar(EW)
    Grover
    Telly
    Prarie Dawn(EW)
    The Count(EW)
    Dorothy

Zoe
    Elmo
    Rocco

Rosita
    Herry
    Elmo
    Zoe
    Telly
    Baby Bear

Baby Bear
    Telly
    Rosita
    Elmo
    Zoe

Herry Monster
    Grover
    Rosita

Grover
    Cookie
    Herry
    Elmo
    John John
    Ventinni the Human Canonball(#4037)
    Zoe(#4037)
    Big Bird(#4037)

Biff: Sully
    Kingston Livingston the Third: Roxy Marie
    Guy Smiley: His mirror :smirk:
    Forgetful Jones: Clementine
    The Count: His pet cat(forgot her name), bats, Oscar(he said this in the "Search and Learn Adventures" CD-ROM game)

HUMANS:

Maria-Oscar(SSU book)
    Luis-Big Bird(SSU)
    Bob-Big Bird and Oscar(SSU)
    Gordon-Elmo(SSU)
    Linda-Barkley the Dog
    Mr. Hooper-Big Bird
    David-Big Bird
    Gabi-Elmo, Zoe, Oscar, and Snuffy(#4072)
    Susan-Big Bird
  17. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

..and, there were also Sesame plush doll sets put out by SEGA UFO/ Sony Creative Products Japan.

They had:
    *Elmo and Zoe hugging(they also had the two characters sharing a milkshake, reading a book, and in a taxi)
    *Ernie and Bert in the bathtub
    *Ernie and Bert together
    *Oscar and Cookie Monster in an airplane
    *Big Bird and Cookie Monster

..and I think there was Betty Lou and Prarie Dawn. I've seen it on Ebay once.