Who is Dexter?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first read about the character, I expected Dexter to be a more normal-sized Muppet, considering a second performer was operating his hands. So I was surprised to see him look full-bodied. I'm assuming he was just a really big puppet as opposed to a costume, especially since I haven't seen any full-body shots of him (but that could be to block the hands performer). Kevin Clash said that it was hard to concentrate on lines with balls flying in the air - but if he's inside, wouldn't that keep him a little more safe?

If Deena continued to be on the show, they could have had a sketch with Deena wanting to play with Dexter's b... err, whatever Dexter's juggling, and him not wanting to share with Deena. Though it wouldn't be Deena - they could have had anybody want to juggle and him initially refuse to share (and when he decides to let the other play, the other one instantly fails).

Or they could have had The Count count what he's juggling or how many times he juggles before messing up. Or have him juggle cookies and have Cookie Monster want to eat the cookies. It probably would have been too much to put Dexter on rollerskates while juggling.