Who is in charge of MC radio?

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Who is in charge of MC radio??? PLease whoever is play We'll Do it Together again I LOVE THAT SONG AND HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR IT ON MC RADIO FOR A LONG LONG LONG TIME AND IT WAS JUST ON BUT I CAUGHT IT AT THE VERY END OH GOD I HATE THIS!!!!! WHOEVER RUNS MC RADIO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAY IT AGAIN!!! PLEASE!!! I NEED TO HEAR IT PLAY IT AGAIN ASAP!!! PLEASE!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"We'll Do It Together" plays multiple times throughout the week. Keep on listening and you'll hear it again. It's also commercially available on the "Monster Melodies" CD from Sony Wonder. It's one of the best Sesame CD's available and definitely worth picking up.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
"We'll Do It Together" plays multiple times throughout the week. Keep on listening and you'll hear it again. It's also commercially available on the "Monster Melodies" CD from Sony Wonder. It's one of the best Sesame CD's available and definitely worth picking up.
I gotta know, if the playlist is on random so we hear something different every time, how do you decide what songs play more than others? Do you remove song every now and then, or how does that work?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I will try to answer this question as best as possible.

Live365 basically offers two different ways of storing playlists, either you specify one track-by-track or your station is put on "random" (just like your CD player).

When Muppet Central Radio first started years ago, we just used random. It worked ok, but there were inherently problems with it in that I wanted a more customizable solution. For example, it might pick multiple Sesame songs to play back-to-back or multiple versions of Rainbow Connection to play within the same hour or other conflicts like that. I've worked in radio for a few years professionally and desired that we had a real "clock" so that particular categories of songs play at different intervals and so forth.

So I plan the playlists myself, then convert them to a format that Live365 will recognize. There are currently 30 different "categories" in our playlist each hour. The songs in each category will repeat at different intervals dependent on how many songs are in that category. This allows us to have more popular tracks repeat more often while others do not. I tweak the structure every couple weeks as changes need to be made.

And that's a little bit about how our playlists are designed.