Who is Lionsgate associated with?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
While this thread is bumped.

I'm honestly thankful Lionsgate only released the 20 years special. I have no respect for them as a company and just think. We could easily have lost all of the clips on YouTube if they had gotten the rights instead of Warner.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe so, but even Warner has a history of being a copyright bully. Remember way back when how WMG would mute any video that included songs they owned? Even songs they didn't own, like certain Muppet songs? And, I hasten to add that, like Viacom with uploads with the Noggin logo on them, Warner nuked just about every episode that was uploaded of the 80s Chipmunks series because they had the Cartoon Network logo on them.

But in regards to the 20 years special, we did get off strangely lucky in that case, considering that was actually a Henson special than a CTW/SW special.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You're not wrong on that.

I still have my salty email to WMG archived when I was 16. But no, I honestly wonder if maybe they just don't seem to really care about taking down Sesame Street clips, now that I think about it.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Maybe so, but even Warner has a history of being a copyright bully. Remember way back when how WMG would mute any video that included songs they owned? Even songs they didn't own, like certain Muppet songs? And, I hasten to add that, like Viacom with uploads with the Noggin logo on them, Warner nuked just about every episode that was uploaded of the 80s Chipmunks series because they had the Cartoon Network logo on them.

But in regards to the 20 years special, we did get off strangely lucky in that case, considering that was actually a Henson special than a CTW/SW special.
Not to mention WMG claimed Disney content on Youtube. And that is how we lost DisneysBonkers028.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Look no further but now TPIRMan1982 just got hit with a copyright strike by WMG (Warner Music Group) for posting What's My Part? That's not right at all.:mad::eek::boo:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Look no further but now TPIRMan1982 just got hit with a copyright strike by WMG (Warner Music Group) for posting What's My Part? That's not right at all.:mad::eek::boo:
Well I mean, he didn't own the rights to it anyway, so.....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Warner Music Group?

I can understand if it was Warner alone since they own the home video rights.... But Warner music group??? :confused:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I believe the issue would be with the fact that was it was released on an album ("Somebody Come and Play"), so WMG probably has the rights to the album, and thus, the track.