Who is Lionsgate associated with?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Now look what just happened to Dfirebird3. His/her account got terminated due to a copyright claim by Lionsgate Entertainment. :mad::eek::boo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Before BuddyBoy starts wigging out, it would appear that autismismylife has been banned, but I doubt because of Lionsgate, it was probably because of Bagdasarian Productions, since he/she had at least one episode of Alvin and The Chipmunks posted, in a three-part installment: three videos, that's three strikes, that's termination.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Before BuddyBoy starts wigging out, it would appear that autismismylife has been banned, but I doubt because of Lionsgate, it was probably because of Bagdasarian Productions, since he/she had at least one episode of Alvin and The Chipmunks posted, in a three-part installment: three videos, that's three strikes, that's termination.
I know that user also uploaded the Play-Along video "Peek-a-Boo". I assume that Henson owns that (the only familiar Muppets in it are the penguins in a cameo), not sure if Lionsgate has the video rights because of it. I believe he also uploaded Neat Stuff, though I'm not sure if that's owned by Disney or Henson (it doens't have any recognizable Muppets, but it has PJ and Kai-Lee, who were in all the Play-Along videos with the main Muppet characters, so I would think Disney would own them and therefore that special, but you never know).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Indeed, autismismylife had quite a few Henson/Muppet rarities posted, so this is a sad casualty of war with another party (again, I'm pretty sure he/she was a casualty of Bagdasarian Productions).

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Yup, He had "Getting Ready for School," "The Alphabet Game Show," "Learning About Letters," "Learning About Numbers," and many others.....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yup, He had "Getting Ready for School," "The Alphabet Game Show," "Learning About Letters," "Learning About Numbers," and many others.....
Learning About Letters and Learning About Numbers are not particularly rare, though (both are still widely available on DVD, and I think can be downloaded at iTunes). And I think part of Learning About Numbers had been removed from YouTube awhile ago due to including The King of 8 (a clip of which appears in the 20th anniversary special).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, Lionsgate quickly became a bit of a powerhouse I have to say... seems like just before I started this thread, you rarely even heard about them, now it seems like half of what's controlled by a bigger company is controlled by them, whether it's DVD distribution or movie/TV show distribution... like notice how more than half of actual full-length pay-per-view movies on YouTube right now are uploaded by "LionsgateVOD".

Anyshoe, it appears Lionsgate is now distributing Clifford (the Big Red Dog) on DVD: I don't remember if this Drtooth said he still sees it on his PBS, but my PBS actually stopped playing Clifford not too long ago (replacing it with the new Cat in the Hat series). Not that I'm complaining, they had a tendency to do the same with Clifford as they do with Arthur: air more crappy episodes than they do the decent ones.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Learning About Letters and Learning About Numbers are not particularly rare, though (both are still widely available on DVD, and I think can be downloaded at iTunes). And I think part of Learning About Numbers had been removed from YouTube awhile ago due to including The King of 8 (a clip of which appears in the 20th anniversary special).
Yes, And that was one of his copyright strike.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, Lionsgate quickly became a bit of a powerhouse I have to say... seems like just before I started this thread, you rarely even heard about them, now it seems like half of what's controlled by a bigger company is controlled by them, whether it's DVD distribution or movie/TV show distribution... like notice how more than half of actual full-length pay-per-view movies on YouTube right now are uploaded by "LionsgateVOD".

I'm VERY annoyed that they haven't released any more Henson stuff in over a year. Dog City the animated series is never going to be on DVD... we're not going to get Emitt Otter or Christmas Toy re-released edited or not...seems everything stopped after releasing Henson's Place.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Luckily, I have Christmas Toy unedited on VHS, recorded off Nick@Nite back in the early 90s when they used to play Muppets (probably in honor of Jim's passing).