1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Who logged me out?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Aug 10, 2005.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Around 12:31pm today (August 10), I came back to Muppet Central Forum to discover I was logged out, which I didn't do! The forum said I was still online, but at the top of everypage it had the "log-in" box. Who logged me out?

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Are you on your work computer? I know on my work computer SOME forums I visit log me out automatically.

On another forum, I never check the box that says (something like) "Keep me logged in," and when I close the window, it logs me out automatically.

Do you share a computer with someone?

If not that, then I have no idea.

3. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

It musta been the alien Snowths...LOL

Mystery unsolved......I mean Unsolved Mystery

4. D'Snowth

No I'm on my home laptop. In fact, I was also logged out automatically at my Kathy Greenwood forum. Now I know Yahoo! automatically logs you out of your e-mail the second you hit the "close" button on the window. I don't know what happened.

5. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Weird, did you ever get your brightness problem fixed?

Maybe something is wrong with the computer? but I just don't see what would have done it.

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sounds like you had a problem with your cookies if it wasn't just this forum.

7. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, your compooter might not wanna accept the cookies, or save them. Check your "Temporary Internet File" and see if there are cookies saved there for your forums you visit.

Good call, Luke.

8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah or you might wanna try using a different variety of cookie .... like double choc, or white chocolate, or hazelnut. Mmmm cookies!

Oh wait, wrong cookie!

9. Fozzie Bear

You forgot something in your post, Luke:

"WOCKA WOCKA!!"
    *Honk honk.*
    (Yeah, it works better with the comedic horn on stage.)

10. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

I often get logged out when I clear my cookies or Temporary Internet Files and also if my connection is lost...

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Curious...maybe its Snidely Spyware....(remember him????)...or King Agrippa come back to get ya!

12. D'Snowth

Well, I haven't touched my cookies in about a couple of days now...Who's Snidley Spyware?

13. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

The computer's Peeping Tom! The man who infected G-Man's computer a while back! The guy who sees everything you do and kills your computer! That's Snidely Spyware for ya!

14. D'Snowth

Great now I'm scared!

15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sometimes with me when i accidentally turn the computer off without shutting down properly or there's a power cut when it reboots I often find my cookies are reset. It's not really anything to worry about.

16. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

you could try clearing the temporary internet files aswell as cookies as this sometimes needs to be done. What browser do you use? I recommend using mozilla firefox www.firefox.com its safer and fixes lots of problems.

17. D'Snowth

I use Bellsouth, and my computer won't let me delete my temporary files, as it says I might end up deleting something important. That happened to us awhile back, and we ended up being stuck on Safe Mode until we got it fixed.

18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Harvey Towers and Muppetsdownunder are on the right track, especially if you have Windows XP, it automatically clears your cash (not your cash as in money, your computers memory bank) and can thusly log you out; it happens to me once every two weeks.

19. Fozzie Bear

cache. I don't know what it means, but I know how to spell it! :p