Who owns Tale of The Bunny Picnic and Ghost of Fathner Hall?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm just curious because both seem to have The Muppets in it, and even the show Moppatop Shop from the UK had a lot of The Muppets from The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and the Jim Henson Hour. Since Disney owns The Muppets and The Jim Henson Company still has a few of Jim's work left like the fantasy films and Fraggle Rock, some of the Jim Henson Hour halfs, and Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas (with Kermit edited out unfortunately). So I'm just wondering on this.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just remembered Great Santa Claus Switch but I've heard the Ed Sullivan company owns that one. Love to see that come to DVD one of these days. :smile:

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I vaguely remember having a beat up old VHS of The Bunny Picnic special, but I never recall watching it.

Hubert

Reaction score
From what I know, Tale of the Bunny Picnic is owned by Disney. Ghost of Faffner Hall is owned by JHC. And then to back this, I check Henson's website, which lists most of the productions that they own, and it mentions Faffner Hall but doesn't mention Bunny Picnic, which means that this is probably the case.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have Bunny Picnic taped from an HBO airing some time in the early 90s or so.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
From what I know, Tale of the Bunny Picnic is owned by Disney. Ghost of Faffner Hall is owned by JHC. And then to back this, I check Henson's website, which lists most of the productions that they own, and it mentions Faffner Hall but doesn't mention Bunny Picnic, which means that this is probably the case.
I would think it would be the other way around since Faffner had Muppet Show Muppets in the background like Mopatop but Bunny Bicnic only had Bean who would later be a main stream Muppet from 1989-1992 mostly. He was seen in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and I think Disney had made Disney world murchandise of him and Waldo for Muppet Vision 3D so I think they own the character. Only thing that's strange is how JHC got to release Dog City with Rowlf included but not so much so Kermit's appearances in Emmet Otter. By the way, was Kermit edited out of Christmas Toy as well?

Hubert

Reaction score
Remember though, MCC had FR characters in it and Disney still owns it. It's the same type thing. On the other hand, Disney most likely owns that entire Bunny Picnic world instead of only Bean.

Hubert

Reaction score
Like I just said, Disney DOES own Bean, and as far as we know, all the characters from the Bunny Picnic, and the special itself.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wonder why it wasn't released on DVD yet? I know with The Muppet Show and related specials I guess the problem is royalties to copyrighted songs and such and just waiting for clearance. But specials like Bunny Pincic, the songs are original and since Disney owns the special and Bean, there would be no need to contact Henson for permission unless they wanted to add Jim's original introduction that was from the HBO premiere of course. I was wondering, is there a list of what Disney owns and what Henson owns? Even Sam & Friends I'm curious about. I think The Ed
Sullivan Company owns The Great Santa Claus Switch or who ever owns the Ed Sullivan shows now a days. Wilkins and Wontkins I have no idea, I've heard rumors of The Jim Henson Company and the John Wilkins Coffee Company fighting for rights but of course I'm not sure if it's true or not, though I remember hearing about it somewhere. What was that special in 1992, that was an Ed Sullivan special right? Mr. Wilson's Christmas Tree, the one with the mice?
I'd have to see the lists again. I'm not sure if the list on Henson.com in terms of projects are complete or not since there has been so many specials and TV series. All I know is anything relating specifically to The Muppet Show Muppets and Tales of Muppet Land Specials, Disney owns.