Who owns the rights to Mahna Mahna?

Splurge

Reaction score
Who owns the rights to this song? Whenever it's being used on TMS, SS, and now "Play With Me Sesame", who do the Muppet people have to get permission from?

My gut tells me that the Henson people should own it, since they use it more than anyone else, including Pietro Umberti (sp?) and for that matter, Benny Hill.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would question: Who owns which version of Mah Na Mah Na?

I think it's probably public domain now, except the various versions. I think JHC owns THEIR versions of it, etc.

Frazzle

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Who owns the rights to this song? Whenever it's being used on TMS, SS, and now "Play With Me Sesame", who do the Muppet people have to get permission from?

My gut tells me that the Henson people should own it, since they use it more than anyone else, including Pietro Umberti (sp?) and for that matter, Benny Hill.
I never knew they put that song on PWMS. Is it on as one of the old versions, or is it an entirely different verson for that show? If it is a different version or different Muppets perform it, I must hunt that version down. Thanks for the info Splurge! :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will see if I can record the Play With Me Sesame version for Muppet Central Radio. That way everyone can hear it who hasn't seen it.

Frazzle

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I will see if I can record the Play With Me Sesame version for Muppet Central Radio. That way everyone can hear it who hasn't seen it.

That is so nice of you. Thanks a million! I think alot of people will be happy, because the song is loved by many! I have a few versions of the song, but I never heard that one. :flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd love to have a collection of all the different versions of Mah Na Mah Na!!

Frazzle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'd love to have a collection of all the different versions of Mah Na Mah Na!!

I'll upload them to my computer & email them to you if you want. It may take a week or so, because I have to find the disks though. I have a nice rock version of the song, but I have no idea who sang it. :sing:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yes! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEOHPLEASE!!! You're offerin? I'm acceptin'! You'll be my hero! :smile:

Frazzle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Yes! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEOHPLEASE!!! You're offerin? I'm acceptin'! You'll be my hero! :smile:

As a matter of fact, I think I'll be able to send you one version right now! Are you able to email me?