Who performs Crissie?

Beauregard

Reaction score
You know who I mean, Crissie the greatest singer this century, Crissie the leader of the Alphabeats. Who is he?

ssetta

Reaction score
He was performed by a very talented man named Christopher Cerf. Chris was also a major songwriter for the show. He is very under-appreciated, but Chris Cerf is definitely my favorite person from Sesame Street. I know him personally, and I am a very big fan of his. He even autographed me a copy of the original "Born To Add" LP. He is a really great guy. I wish they would appreciate his music more.

Beauregard

Reaction score
We should start the CCC (Christopher Cerf Cryiers!!!)

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Actually, I think Christopher Cerf may have only performed Chris' voice. I mean, I've never heard of him being a puppeteer...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised that noone's commented on the mathematics involved in Beauregard's sig line. And here, I'll commend him on those addition acrobatics. On a day that I'm feeling extra teary-eyed after watching a copy of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas which I purchased from a fellow forum member, I want to commend Beauregard on that little sig line of his. It reminds of a joke that my dad used to tell us that went the same way as mentioned above. 1 + 1 may equal 2 when you add it up, but 1 and 1 is 11.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay, that doesn't have much to do with this thread. But it was somewhat appropriate, because he did do the song "Born to Add," which was a very well-known song of his.

He was not a muppeteer. He was a composer/lyricist, and he did voice, and he played the piano. Chris was his main muppet, but he also sang for Little Jerry and the Monotones. He sang Born to Add, Co-Operation, he sang on "Hey Food" by the Beetles, he did the voice of How Now Brown, and he performed the Rebel L, and he sang in some films. He's not a muppeteer, he's a musician, and he is very talented.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that Crissie was just one of a dozen. I have only seen Rock adn Roll Readers, Raise your Hand and Holy Moly Eight Balls of Fur, though I have Count It Higher on my computor wiich I play regually.

CCC

Beauregard

Splurge

Reaction score
Now, who operates the Muppet? I've heard somewhere (maybe on Muppet Central) that it was Richard Hunt. And obviously someone else in the later years for songs like "Wet or Dry". Very likely it was numerous Muppeteers over the years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Richard.

Maybe Secret Squirrel has some insight into who operated Chrissy over the years.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Problem is the Richard (Or so it sounds in count it higher) performed an Alphabeat. Am I right? It starts of sounding like Janice then changes to Scooter, so he couldn't have done it.

CCC

Beauregard