Who played Cookie in "Fuzzy & Blue"?

Splurge

Reaction score
Sometimes I find it fun to try and guess who is performing a Muppet when their normal performer is working someone else. In the case of "Fuzzy and Blue", since Frank was operating Grover, I wonder who was operating Cookie Monster during that same scene.

Come to think of it, I wonder who played Frazzle since Jerry was doing Herry. I'm guessing it was Richard Hunt or Marty Robinson.

I don't think I'll really get an answer of course, unless someone involved happens to be reading this, but it's fun to think about.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That is food for thought. I think they might have additional muppateers for when two Muppets with the same performer are shown at the same time. Or it could have been Richard performing Cookie or Frazzle. You may be right. I guess only the show's writers know for sure.

Splurge

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
That is food for thought. I think they might have additional muppateers for when two Muppets with the same performer are shown at the same time. Or it could have been Richard performing Cookie or Frazzle. You may be right. I guess only the show's writers know for sure.
Indeed, there are always other puppeteers for cases like this. If they needed someone to fill in an extra role, like Cookie Monster in "Fuzzy & Blue", they could have used Richard Hunt, Marty Robinson, Fran Brill, maybe even Jim Henson himself. Brian Muehl was also in the cast around the late 70's/early 80's - could have easily been him. Or maybe it was a Muppeteer in training, who wouldn't be getting a speaking part until years later.

To add another thought, who do you think played Kermit in "Do De Rubber Duck", if Jim was Ernie? I'm going to guess it was Frank. But it sure looked like Jim.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Splurge said:
To add another thought, who do you think played Kermit in "Do De Rubber Duck", if Jim was Ernie? I'm going to guess it was Frank. But it sure looked like Jim.
I've always thought that looked like a pretty good Jim-Kermit, too. You'd think it WOULD be Frank, since he'd know Jim's movements pretty well by then. After all, he was Rowlf's right hand on the Jimmy Dean show, so they worked pretty closely!

later
eric

ps. Kevin Clash was probably still on Captain Kangaroo in '81, right? That wouldn't have been him, would it?

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
ps. Kevin Clash was probably still on Captain Kangaroo in '81, right? That wouldn't have been him, would it?
Oops, I meant that part for the original Fuzzy and Blue question. That was 1981, and Kevin, I think, joined up in '83 or '84, right?

Ryan

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Indeed, there are always other puppeteers for cases like this. If they needed someone to fill in an extra role, like Cookie Monster in "Fuzzy & Blue", they could have used Richard Hunt, Marty Robinson, Fran Brill, maybe even Jim Henson himself. Brian Muehl was also in the cast around the late 70's/early 80's - could have easily been him. Or maybe it was a Muppeteer in training, who wouldn't be getting a speaking part until years later.

I gonna go out and say it wasn't Frank. I'm not positive about this, but Frank's SS work schedule at this time was very limited (3 days a year, I believe.) So he wouldn't just come in for that sketch, since none of his characters have speaking roles in it. (Bert makes a non speaking role at the end.) I think it may be Pam Acerio, Camille Bonora, or another relatively new performer of the time. His performance is even kind of Kathy-esque, but I believe she stopped working on SS at the time.

Splurge

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Kevin was also doing Great Space Coaster in '81.