Who plays Cookie Monster now?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here's something I was wondering about. I asked this before but I didn't get a response, so I thought I'd ask it in a new thread. Isn't it David Rudman who plays Cookie Monster now instead of Eric Jacobson? That's what it says at imdb.com, so that's why I was wondering.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, I just read at the Toughpigs site that it was Rudman. That makes more sense anyway, because didn't Eric play his mom? It would be hard for him to play both of them at the same time.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
It is David Rudman. The Tough Pigs casting info is all correct.

secret squirrel

ssetta

Reaction score
I think David Rudman performed him temporarily, before they found Eric Jacobson. I would assume all the skits you see with him being played by David Rudman were done before Eric Jacobson. But in some of those letter of the day skits, I could have sworn it was Frank Oz!

dcfboss

Reaction score
There's at least 3 different Cookie Monster voices I've heard recently and 2 different puppets. I don't know why they use more than one

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are skits being shown right now that are performed by both Frank Oz and David Rudman. You will even see them both in some of the "Letter of the Day" segments where Grover is present. Eric performs Grover and Bert while David performs Cookie.

For more info on new performers, check out our FAQ...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/muppets.shtml#5

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Eric never played Cookie Monster. If it's not Frank's voice, it's David's.

secret squirrel