Who remembers the play about dental hygiene?

ssetta

Reaction score
I know exactly why the name of the thread was changed. This thread was originally about the tooth pageant, NOT the butterfly pageant. I think it changed so that we could get back on topic. It's been SO long since I've seen the tooth pageant, I don't remember all that much about it.

Censored

Reaction score
Actually, Bert wrote the play about dental hygiene, which led to the funny dialogue between Bert and Prairie in the beginning. She says that if you think this play is good, "you can thank Bert", but if you think this play is awful, "you'll have no one to blame, but Bert." Bert, who's already nervous, yells at her to stop that.

Other funny dialouges were between Bert and Herry concerning "throwing himself in the skit" and of course the classic finale with Cookie pretending to throw water on Bert. Definitely one of the better ones.

The one about the caterpillar was good too, but somewhat unusual. For one thing, Prairie Dawn is not the girl at the piano. Ernie loses the picture of the cocoon, but there seems to be no reason for it in the skit, and finally, when Herry goes up in the air, he looks like the puppet he is with no feet. Sesame Street usually does better with putting feet on muppets when necessary. Still, it was also very enjoyable.

Splurge

Reaction score
After seeing the caterpillar bit a few times, I think I saw that Herry did have feet, but it isn't so obvious. When he's been pulled up by the rope, you can see from the back or side view there are two sneakers. It's my belief that what we were supposed to see what Herry bending at the knees so his feet (inside his sneakers) were kicking back behind him. Judging by other viewers' thoughts, it didn't come off looking that way.

I think they should have given him pants, as long as he was wearing them in illustrations. Oh, well.

ssetta

Reaction score
(sigh) No, I haven't. I have been very busy, and I can't send it without your address. It takes a lot of work to copy tapes, but I will get to yours.

ssetta

Reaction score
Hi, I'm now telling you that I'm a boy, not a girl. Everyone gets it wrong online. Now could you please just e-mail me so that you don't spam the forum?