Who was Harriet??

BEAR

Reaction score
Does anyone know about a character named Harriet? From what I have gathered she was around between the years of 1976-1990, and played by Clarice Taylor (who also played Cliff's mother on The Cosby Show). Anyone know anything about this character? Thanks.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, you're thinking of David's grandmother. Though I didn't think she was given a name. I remember a few eps with her. I think she met Snuffy at a later time than the others. I also recall her being close friends with Uncle Wally. I guess she left when David left. Since they mentioned that David went to live on his grandmother's farm, it would have been pretty dumb to have her stick around while David went away.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Oh, you're thinking of David's grandmother. Though I didn't think she was given a name. I remember a few eps with her. I think she met Snuffy at a later time than the others. I also recall her being close friends with Uncle Wally. I guess she left when David left. Since they mentioned that David went to live on his grandmother's farm, it would have been pretty dumb to have her stick around while David went away.

So she was David's grandmother? You sure? I guess it kinda makes sense since my info says she was on the show between 1976-90 and David left the show at about the time she did. 14 years is a long time though and there isn't a lot of info about it. Obviously she must not have been on the show much, just scattered appearances here and there. Do you have any idea when she appeared or what seasons? How many episodes? Would you not consider her a regular during any of the seasons or was she just a guest star sort of the way Gordon's father is? Thanks for the help.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I really can't go into much detail there. I just remember seeing her off and on when I watched the show as a kid. I can't exactly remember which seasons. Probably some time in the 80s. I guess she was sort of a semi-regular.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I'm sorry. I really can't go into much detail there. I just remember seeing her off and on when I watched the show as a kid. I can't exactly remember which seasons. Probably some time in the 80s. I guess she was sort of a semi-regular.
Semi-regular would make more sense to me, especially since she played the role for over 10 years and there isn't a whole lot of available information about it. One article I read actually said that the actress Clarice Taylor was best know for her recurring roles on Sesame Street and The Cosby Show (both shows running at the same time during the 80s). Maybe she was as indicated just a recurring character similar to Gordon's father. She probably appeared more frequently though.