Who was lucky enough to get Noggin from 1999-2003?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I was wondering. Who on this board did in fact get Noggin while Sesame Street Unpaved was on the air. I got this channell early in January 2000, so for 3 good years I got to see all the Unpaved shows. I also got to see shows from 1993 and 1994 which I hadn't seen in several years which I was really happy to see again. The Electric Company was something old, yet new to me because it wasn't being aired anymore when I was a kid. But I did enjoy watching it along with 321 contact which was very popular in the 80's as I remember. It was quite sad when they did away with the classic programming, but I was very happy that I at least got to see this channell when the old stuff was being played. Who else was fortunate enough to see Noggin back when it was good? :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

fatblue

Reaction score
I got a free preview of it one night, but I only saw the old Electric Company shows, no SS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got Noggin in early 2001, but since Sesame Street Unpaved came on late night/early morning, I only saw it once, when I decided to set my VCR timer to see a classic episode. I enjoyed seeing the early 1993 episodes of Sesame Too before they went off too. Play With Me, Sesame is awesome, especially seeing all of those classic skits. I hate Noggin now, they're just turning it into another Nick Jr. (like we need that!)

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
You can still get the classic shows apparently. If you have Comcast On Demand, they're showing shows from the first season starting Sept.

ssetta

Reaction score
We got it from 1999-2003, and I was so lucky. I remember getting very upset when Unpaved went off the air. And get this, it went off the air RIGHT AS I was graduating from high school, which was also very sad. My senior prom night was a disaster. I couldn't stop crying. These 3 totally pretty girls tried to cheer me up, but they just tried to tell me that you can buy these episodes. That's because they're not fans of the show, they don't visit these forums, they don't know anyone who works for Sesame Workshop, and they don't know for a fact that Sesame Workshop is NOT ALLOWED to sell tapes of old shows under any exceptions.

But honestly, I thought they were just going to keep showing it forever, since it was something they had always had. I was so upset when I found out that they were getting rid of it, I was doing petitions, e-mails, and phone calls trying to get it to stay on. But, it obviously did not work. I was even told by someone that no company has EVER paid attention to an online petition. Is that really true? I think the same thing happened with "Vault Disney" which was The Disney Channel's now-gone block of old programming from the 50s, such as "Mickey Mouse Club" (the old one) and "Zorro." They took them off sometime in 2002, I believe, and apparently, they had had those old shows since they first came on in 1983. But they took them off for the same reason that Noggin took off the old shows. The same is true for both of them. They had those old shows on when they had time that they needed to fill in. I know it may not feel like that, but that's how it works. Noggin didn't come on because of "Sesame Street Unpaved." "Sesame Street Unpaved", "The Electric Company", and all those other retro shows they had on, they only came back on the air because of Noggin. But in the future, there may very well be a new channel that may pick up some of this stuff.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
yeah i saw that today on muy comcast box

and

3.2.1 Contact its the people you contact i loved that show`

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ssetta said:
These 3 totally pretty girls tried to cheer me up, but they just tried to tell me that you can buy these episodes. That's because they're not fans of the show, they don't visit these forums, they don't know anyone who works for Sesame Workshop, and they don't know for a fact that Sesame Workshop is NOT ALLOWED to sell tapes of old shows under any exceptions.
Why isn't Sesame Workshop allowed to sell copies of old shows? Are you talking about them selling episodes privately or on video? I do know that some episodes have been released on video. The hurricane episodes were recently released on video as Friends To The Rescue, the season 33 and 34 premiers have both been availible on video (as Elmo Visits The Fire Station and Sesame Street Sings karaoke, respectivley), and the three-part episode where curly bear was born was released on the Three Bears And A New Baby video.

I have also read that the video Sing Along was originally an episode of the show. I am not sure whether this is actually true or not.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
I remember way back in '99, when I first heard of Noggin, I went to the website in hot pursuit of finding out more about how to get the channel. What I discovered was that they showed a soundless "still" shot of each episode that was actually being played on the their channel at the same time, which would change every five seconds. So instead of seeing a whole clip, you'd get a shot here, and then a few seconds later as the clip progressed, you'd get another still clip. I used to sit glued in front of my computer, watching this soundless bit of Unpaved and thought I was in heaven!! :smile:
Also, each week, they'd have a streaming video of 3 "Noggin Choice" clips where you could choose your favorites and actually watch them on the computer. Then on Fridays, they'd let you vote for your favorite. I really felt like I was so lucky just to have that.
Then, a few months later, I found out that we were getting Noggin, and yes, I BAWLED my head off (for joy), I was the happiest person to walk the face of the earth at that moment. I really enjoyed having the channel and am very grateful for being able to experience so many wonderful episodes and clips that I never thought I'd see again.
Now I'm AGAIN excited with the prospect of seeing more on On-Demand. Woo hoo! :smile:

Ethan Lopez

Reaction score
When's It Coming?

jeffkjoe said:
You can still get the classic shows apparently. If you have Comcast On Demand, they're showing shows from the first season starting Sept.
Well, I have Comcast On Demand, and it's September! I checked Sprout On Demand and all I found were current SS episodes. So when are these classics you speak of coming and where can I find them? Will it be the first season or the first season of everyone's favorite segment, Elmo's World? I swear, they otta make a spin-off of that show. Probably won't do any good, but if takes up half of the show, why not.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
According to what Iv'e heard. Theyr'e NOT going to be showing the classic episodes of Sesame Street. The farthest back theyr'e going to show is from 1998. Ironically 1998 is the first year they started showing Elmo's World. Go figure! :concern: