Who was worse?

Which Villain was Worse?

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rachel was more evil, to me, because she SUCCEEDED in making Kermit give up, where Richman didn't really manage. I do wonder what would have happened to Kermit if Dani-el hadn't appeared though. I'm guessing that eventually Piggy would have gone out to get him and taken over the situation, similar to her role in The Muppets.
There's a huge difference between the two.

Tex wanted to take a dilapidated old studio that was all but abandoned that the Muppets didn't really care about, and demolish it for oil, only lying that he'd preserve it as a museum to get the deed. It's Walter who finds this the greatest injustice, and even Kermit feels an air of "that's terrible, but whatever."

Rachel wanted to take the theater they were still using at the time and going through various means to make sure they don't get the rent to her in time.

If that's the case, it comes down to what's worse... someone bulldozing your childhood home that you and no one else have lived in for decades that fell into disrepair, or someone evicting you from the place you currently live in the middle of the night because a check didn't clear in time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If that's the case, it comes down to what's worse... someone bulldozing your childhood home that you and no one else have lived in for decades that fell into disrepair, or someone evicting you from the place you currently live in the middle of the night because a check didn't clear in time.
I still say oil baron is worse in the long term, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I almost wonder if Kermit just didn't give a darn about it and would have let them drill for oil there. I mean, Walter did light a fire under his belly, causing him to actually be outraged... but it really seems if Kermit found out another way, he'd be all "Aw, that's bad" and just mope back over to the lily pad and go to sleep like it's no big deal.

But as far as what both villains stand for, both oil and banking are VERY shifty industries that do horrible things. I wouldn't be surprised if Bitterman didn't beg for a bail out and then use half that money to buy up influence against the bailouts so she doesn't have to pay any taxes or face repercussions through regulation. And of course, put the other half in equal parts Cayman Island Offshore Holdings and some back ally deals that profit off of Darfur and other tragedies. The past several years showed that the banking/real estate industry is capable of. I'd almost write a fan fic of an alternate version of VMX where all Rachel has to do is sell some retail space to Starbucks and then gentrify the neighborhood, raising the rents so high there's no way the Muppets could pay in a million years. The oil industry needs no intro, though.

Still, in scope of the movie... even the deleted bits, Bitterman was just greedy, Richman had a childish vendetta... which doesn't really affect the movie, but it's a good backstory. Plus, even if it was due to a blow on the head, Richman did give them back the studio on his own accord.

But BOTH relished in the thought of the Muppets being broken and homeless, and taunted them quite a bit. Of course, Richman also owned their names and was going to replace them with gangsta versions...

Choice three of Doc Hopper would beat them both, only because of his willingness to hire a hitman to kill Kermit.

mo

Reaction score
I chose tex because I haven't' seen a very merry muppet movie yet because I couldn't find it...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I chose tex because I haven't' seen a very merry muppet movie yet because I couldn't find it...
I wouldn't go crazy trying to find it, but that's just my opinion. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Choice three of Doc Hopper would beat them both, only because of his willingness to hire a hitman to kill Kermit.
Yeah ultimately I'd have to go with Doc Hopper as a better example all around of corporate greed.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hearlde's right. It's fun, but not the best Muppet production really. You'll either love it or hate it.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I think they are a tie, but after recalling Bitterman singing (rather evilly) "Tis' the season to be jolly…", I picked Bitterman.