Who were those ladies?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Anyone remember a live action music clip featuring some ladies playing some country music with instruments like kazoos, a washboard and water-jugs? They had a good groove going on there- somewhat bluegrass/hoedown/country music...whatever it was but it was great! I would think this clip came out around the late 70's to early 80's. Anyone knows who those ladies were. I seem to remember some stick-like puppet dancing along with the music.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered who those ladies were- all now that's left to find out is if that clip is on youtube or available on some CD.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Roches would be a good educated guess, but I don't think it's them.
I've seen the Roches in concert, and their repetoire is (at least in 1995 when I saw them) mainly a capella folk music (vocals with no instruments), without any really big country influence. So I'm taking a stab in the dark, and thinking this could either be the Judds or members of the Carter family. June Carter was married to Johnny Cash, so the country influence would be much greater. plus the young daughter playing the bass bears a remarkable resemblance to June's daughter Carlene. I had a band earler this year who opened up for her. Her birthday was in February-we played on her birthday- and she told the audience she turned 52- and she has four kids and two grandkids already. And for a grandmother, she looks and sings incredible!
Given this clip was from sometime in the mid-to-late 70's it would make sense.
Somewhere on youtube is a clip of these ladies singing "Keep On the Sunny Side", which has been a country staple for a long time.

So that's my theory.:smirk: