1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who's Tale is it anyway Found!

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Drtooth, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The long lost episode featuring Baby janice has been posted on Youtube

Personaly, not too strong an episode, but still real entertaining. Especially the rerefence to various cartoon bunnies...
    specially a certain Live action/animation hybrid star which shall remain nameless.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well it was a later episode, they weren't quite as good (which is typically normal for TV shows hehe).

OK Janice scares me a bit here, lol. But overall she looks like the real Muppet. I liked her comments on the other Muppets, lol. It sounds a little like Janice, it's definitely in character, but it's too much like a guy. Richard managed to pull off the feminine angle as well (the way Frank did with Piggy).

She grows on me though, I wish grown up Janice had had more interaction with the cast like this (Like can you get behind it? ! :flirt:)

Kinda ironic that the Valley Girl Muppet is the one who can read, lol. But I like that she's older, it coincides with her being in a rockin band later in life.

"Piggy, there is like definitely not a possy in Peter Rabbit!"

Lol, I have a new signature!
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Why'd it stop after the cowbunnies? Though we know them better as cabbits.
    :smirk:
  4. Drtooth

How thoughtless of me...

Part 2

Part 3
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Ah... Thanks buddy.
  6. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

THANK YOU DRTOOTH FOR PUTING THIS THREAD FOR US !

I never thought that there was a Muppet Babies epsoide that i had not seen and i had not seen this eposide until i watched, just in the last few min with the links .

WOW , i loved this eposide it was so good, i wish that they had let janice make more appericances in the show .

I love how they had her make all the " vally girl " comments to the fellow muppet babies .
    My faverite one was when she would say to piggy when she would get mad : " like mellow out piggy " haha and all the other cool things that she would say .

When did it organally air ? does anyone know ? Does anyone out there on the forum remember watching it then .

I was such a faithful watcher of the muppet babies every saterday morning i must have missed it somewhere :o.

I love how they made her look like the muppet janice keke that was the best to bad dr tooth was not with her that would have been so cool .
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I remember seeing this episode when it aired and it had not been out of my mind ever sense. I remember it airing as one of the episodes of the seventh season. I think I saw it maybe twice but I'm not sure.

But it is my opinion that the whole series was solid to me.
  8. muppet baby

Yep it is solid for me to and also will always be my most faverite cartoon of all time . For me there is not a bad eposide in the series . It is the best and always will be .:);)
  9. Drtooth

It's actually pretty good for a last season episode. Bean actually DOES something here, and there's some nice character development on his part. His song really makes the character. Seems like when Bean was a child he had pretty low self esteem, and desperately wanted to be liked. It's like they intended that all allong, but didn't want to work it into the plot of any other episode.

And I do like Janice, and Dave does a pretty close impersonation, though a little more masculine. I rully wish her character was flushed out more. Seems that if there was a 10th season, she would have been in other episodes.
  10. muppet baby

I really like what you said about if there was a tenth season that janice may have been in it more . I thought the same thing after seing the eposide . I really like her as a muppet baby sad the other seasons did not happen .
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I would have to agree that Dave did a pretty good job here!
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Hmmm..I really think her voice should be higher, nearly everyone elses' is in baby form...IMHO, her voice is even a bit low for her adult self :confused:
  13. muppet baby

wow you know i had that in the back of my mind when i was watching the last part of the eposide the first time .
    Don't get me wrong i really loved the eposide very much as i said the frist time . LOL
    Really that is very true , i love what you said Redsonga that the voices of others yes that was at a baby level , and that janice sould have had her voice but lower .

very true
  14. Drtooth

The writers REALLY should have done more with Bean. this episode proves they could have. All the other Bean episodes seemed like he was pasted in last minute. In "Sing a Song of Super Heroes" they had to parody the TMNT with 5 turtles to accomodate him. (what? was he supposed to be that Human kid "Zack?" or Venus 5 years before she was forced into the gang?)

The only other time they really "used" him was when Skeeter was furious at Scooter for crashing in the "Return of the Jedi" fantasy sequence (or was it Empire?), and pretends Bean is her brother. making him Elbean Jetson and R2Bean2....
  15. muppet baby

yes they should have done more with bean you are right about this eposide they should have janice and bean doing more intoaction i think ;)
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Has anybody notice that all season episodes have been put up except for "In Search of Bronze Beatle".
  17. muppet baby

yes william you are so right about that it is really werid and also i have not thought about that eposide in ages .
  18. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Agreed. Dave did a great job as Baby Janice. It sounded just like Richard Hunt doing the voice! And the valley girl personality Janice is famous for even worked as a toddler!
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

As a California girl I have to say that Baby Janice's valley girl accent, unlike her adult one, sounds very fake and forced IMHO...
  20. muppet baby

yes come to think about it , it does sound forced somewhat , all in all i am glad though that they did , bring her to muppet babies at least once that was to cool .