whrn you lose someone

puppetise

Reaction score
today i lost my best friend from 13 years i am 16 now so thats almost my whole life so far but yes i lost my best friend in the whole world my dog Barney i know its weird but the way things went for me he was always there for me when i needed him and ii was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me ways to get over it

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh...I'm so sorry that happened...I don't really know how much help I can do, so I'll give you (((((((HUGS)))))) and hope you feel better. Don't worry my friend, things will look up, they may look down before that time, but things will get better.

Peace,
Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Each person is different, so you choose the way that's best for you.

I know it took my family a bit of time to get over the deaths of our dogs. I think the thing that helped the most was getting another dog. We know nothing can replace Pepper and Ginger just like nothing will be able to replace your dog. But we've had a dog in my family for so long that it just didn't feel right not to have one. We find joy in a lot of things Maddie does, especially when they remind us of qualities our other dogs had.

-Kim

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That sucks, man. Unfortunately, you'll always miss him, but Barney will always be in your heart. :smile:

puppetise

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
That sucks, man. Unfortunately, you'll always miss him, but Barney will always be in your heart. :smile:
thanks that helped alot i have a smaller dog who is acting different now he is gone they were close but he will probably get me through ans il do the same for him things are going to get better:wink:

wes

Reaction score
puppetise I'm so sorry to here about that.:cry: :sympathy: I Bet you have Some cool memory of Barney. the great thing is you'll always remember Barney and tell the cool stories about him. So just remeber the good time.:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know how you feel, my dog died last summer. I'd had her since I was a little kid. She was almost 15, so we knew it was coming. I prayed for ages that I would be home when she died. Turned out, I was the ONLY one home when she died. I was very shocked, I wish I had known it was going to happen that particular morning. But I did have a moment with her a few hours before, holding her and all. I'm so grateful I got to be there for her.

After that, everytime I thought about her, I would always cry. It was just so upsetting that she wasn't in our lives anymore. I always hear people say that when your loved ones die, they are still around and comforting you. But I didn't understand how that could be true when thinking about her just made me sad.

But recently out of nowhere, I had a dream where she came back for a short time, and you know it was comforting! Now when I think about her, I recall the dream, rather than the saddness.

So, I guess you don't really get over it, not when the person (or dog) was so important to you. But like everyone else is saying, try to remember the good times. And know that it's not the end.

Ok, now I REALLY want to see that "Gone But Not Forgotten" episode of Fraggle Rock!

"We'll meet again, someday, just a dream away." :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
My condolances about your loss. It's always hard to lose an animal, but just keep your chin up and you'll find your personal way to get through it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**Giant hugs** You and your other dog will get though. Just be grateful that he was with you for so long. :smile: