1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Why are there few kids' shows that feature sawing in half?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by salemfan, Apr 8, 2006.

1. salemfan

salemfan Member

Why are there few children's shows that portray the magic trick of sawing a person in half? The only kids' things I know that portrays it is the Christmas special Frosty Returns, and the children's book The Big Bunny and The Magic Show.

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

dont forget catdog and I BELEIVE there was a part in episode of Jimmy neutron, not sure...I know it was in catdog though

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You ask the strangest questions.

muppetgem likes this.
  4. Sgt Floyd

and in bugs bunny! Daffy tried to convince people that no one really gets sawed in half and bugs saws him in half

5. salemfan

salemfan Member

In Frosty Returns, doesn't it sound a bit reversed that Holly(a girl)wants to saw Charles(a boy)in half? Isn't it usually the boy who wants to saw the girl in half?

6. Sgt Floyd

I guess they just wanted to reverse it, showing that girls arent the only victems of this trick:smirk:

7. Timotheus

Timotheus New Member

My guess would be the potentially disturbing nature of someone being sawed in half has kept it from becoming too popular. At least that's what the censors would say.
    (Anybody else remember where on the show Freakazoid a lady pops in
    "Hello, kiddies, I'm the network censor..." and an anvil is dropped on her? This made me think of that. Oh dear, I'm laughing just thinking about that scene...)

8. salemfan

salemfan Member

Why is it traditionally a man who saws a woman in half?

9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well partially because magicians are traditionally male and they have "lovely female assistants."

10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I loved that episode of catdog!

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

And don't forget about Fozzie sawing a robot in half on The Muppet Show when Sylvester Stallone was the guest star.

12. Sgt Floyd

I was watching thats so raven a few days ago, and in this episode Chelsea saws Eddie in half. Anyone see that?

13. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

On the other puppet show, ALF, he attempts to saw the family's son Bryan in half..... What a great show:)

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Did they do the disappearing act on ALF too?

15. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

Jerry saws Tom in half in the cartoon "Mouse Trouble".

16. salemfan

salemfan Member

Is the magic trick of sawing a woman in half still shown anywhere?

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Clearly no one remembers Inspector Gadget's second season episode in which the Great Wambini tries to saw gadget in half. I'm sure he did that allong with the Human Pin cushion trick.

18. GOONZOTHECRUDE

GOONZOTHECRUDE New Member

Becuase some pinheads little darling, while whacked out on Red Bull and whatever behavior modification drug that the school phsychiatrist has them on will try emulate it therefore resulting in a lawsuit. Which why they edit the heck out of the old Warner Bros and MGM cartoons:crazy:

19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! That's ones opinion.:rolleyes: :p

20. salemfan

salemfan Member

What I meant by kids' shows is the shows on PBS. Why is it that Barney has never had Baby Bop be sawed in half, Kidsongs has never had Ruby Biggle be sawed in half, Sesame Street has never had Zoe be sawed in half, and much like an episode of Between the Lions where the viewers have seen that Tammy Lionette is really Cleo and BB The King of Beasts is really Theo, how come Between the Lions has never had Cleo get sawed in half and Leona is providing the feet? (the feet are actually those of another person.)