Why are there few kids' shows that feature sawing in half?

salemfan

Reaction score
Why are there few children's shows that portray the magic trick of sawing a person in half? The only kids' things I know that portrays it is the Christmas special Frosty Returns, and the children's book The Big Bunny and The Magic Show.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
dont forget catdog and I BELEIVE there was a part in episode of Jimmy neutron, not sure...I know it was in catdog though

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
and in bugs bunny! Daffy tried to convince people that no one really gets sawed in half and bugs saws him in half

salemfan

Reaction score
In Frosty Returns, doesn't it sound a bit reversed that Holly(a girl)wants to saw Charles(a boy)in half? Isn't it usually the boy who wants to saw the girl in half?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I guess they just wanted to reverse it, showing that girls arent the only victems of this trick:smirk:

Timotheus

Reaction score
My guess would be the potentially disturbing nature of someone being sawed in half has kept it from becoming too popular. At least that's what the censors would say.
(Anybody else remember where on the show Freakazoid a lady pops in
"Hello, kiddies, I'm the network censor..." and an anvil is dropped on her? This made me think of that. Oh dear, I'm laughing just thinking about that scene...)

salemfan

Reaction score
Why is it traditionally a man who saws a woman in half?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well partially because magicians are traditionally male and they have "lovely female assistants."

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
dont forget catdog and I BELEIVE there was a part in episode of Jimmy neutron, not sure...I know it was in catdog though
I loved that episode of catdog!