Why did the edit MTM on VHS?

WiGgY

Reaction score
When watching my MTM tape I can't help but notice that the cut out some of the sound. When Animal is chasing Murr he's suppose to be yelling bad man over and over again. Instead they cut that sound out and it just sounds weird now. Why was it cut out and is it also cut out of the DVD?

Stulz

Reaction score
no edit on the DVD

Don't know why they cut out teh sound either heard a rumor that Culobia thought those sound (Animal breathing heavy and Kermit painting) were a bit sexually explixit or something..

The DVD has the correct soundtrack w/ all the gruntings, paintings and any other "too hot for VHS" sounds encluded.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok good. now I'll get the dvd. That scene lost all funniness without the sound.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have a copy taped off the Family Channel. I could hear Animal's "Bad man! Bad man!" very clearly on that.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think it depends how long ago you taped it. I know the VHS I use to rent from my local store when I was younger had the Bad man in it. That's the only reason I know t's missing now.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, it wasn't that long ago. It was when I returned to the dorm last fall. I guess they recently restored that part.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: no edit on the DVD

Originally posted by Stulz
Don't know why they cut out teh sound either heard a rumor that Culobia thought those sound (Animal breathing heavy and Kermit painting) were a bit sexually explixit or something..

Now that is just STUPID!!! I don't want to go on too far, but that's just stupid.

I mean, Animal's speak is nothing but Grunting and panting (with some shouting!):halo:

But it does give an Ominus level to the scene, with Animal quitely sneaking up on the guy....