Why did this NEED to be made?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, is Touchstone even part of Disney anymore? Seems like this is a script Lassiter would have salvaged, or better yet, tossed into a blazing furnace.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i bet 10 bucks its in 3d...i know i said earlier may go agaisnt my post now

but i also never had intention of seeing it

Drtooth

Reaction score
i bet 10 bucks its in 3d...i know i said earlier may go agaisnt my post now
Fraggit... I lost 10 bucks, didn't I? Not that I'd ever bet against it.

I'm RULLY starting to develop a distaste for 3-D now.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm RULLY starting to develop a distaste for 3-D now.
im with you there...i cant stand this whole everything in 3d...i remember near my house back in MA they started charging more for non 3d movie tickets

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it, but as history has proven, more movies are made as 3-D movies with basically no plot, no direction, and ONLY for the gimmick than movies that have a real soul that happen to just so happen be shown in 3-D. I only use that gimmick for the GOOD stuff. Toy Story 3 and so on. It slightly enhances a film that doesn't really need it. It shouldn't make a movie worth seeing ONLY because it pokes out at you. This is the case here, with this film.

If it is indeed true Touchstone is no longer part of Disney (still no answer on that yet), then something cries of "Oh... OH YEAH? Well... I can make my OWN CGI studio with hookers and blackjack. On second thought, FORGET the CGI studio." :big_grin: (Come on... guess what show that line's derived from).

Nick22

Reaction score
EVERY movie is in 3-D now. EVERYTHING!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Drtooth , i really can not blame you for being mad about this , i just clicked on the link that you gave to the trailer , and i have to say , I CAN NOT BELIVE THAT THIS MOVIE IS BEING MADE , oh my gosh , they took a beautiful play with so much meaning on so many levels and just made a joke ! It is just like it makes me want to vomit and as you said there the fraggle rock movie is just siting in a drawer and that we probably, will not see in in our life time . I really hope that we will , but with crap like this going to be put into theaters , i just still can not belive .

I mean i will be honest , i have seen stupid cartoons before , but nothing as stupid as this , as jamie said i hope this is a joke , trailer but unforcanally we will problly see this in theatres but i tell you this i will not be paying money to see this crap in theatres , and i will surly not see it when it comes on my satlete movie stations i took 2 min off my life watching the crappy trailer and that was enough .

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
"Oh... OH YEAH? Well... I can make my OWN CGI studio with hookers and blackjack. On second thought, FORGET the CGI studio." :big_grin: (Come on... guess what show that line's derived from).
trying to sneak a bender quote past me you clever clever dog

beaker

Reaction score
Well, my my...Someone needs to take a chill pill. How, oh, how does that that movie affect your life or the lives of those around you? It doesn't! If you don't like it, don't watch it. No one SUBJECTED you to it. Goodness, calm down my friend. Even ol' Shake'y himself used to write parodies and comedies...Sure, it's rather dumbed down, but how is it so terrible that it invokes such feelings of bitterness and anger within a human being? Goodness, it's hardly earth shattering stuff, people!
Hey now...it wouldn't be Muppet Central unless Dr Tooth erupted into a massive verbose wall of rants regarding modern children's entertainment :coy: Hehe, I kid! Dr Tooth, I love ya.

We all have our little pet things we do. While Frogboy, Luke and Warrick are the reserved elder statesmen, my replies can sometimes be a bit off color. Others may be more curt in their replies but containing a lot of enthusiasm. I mean, like the Muppet gang we all have our things we do.

Just for fun, someone should ask Dr Tooth about his opinion on modern cgi vs older cartoons, censorship in broadcast anime, and Republicans. Discuss! :3

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, just saw the trailer...wasn't as bad as I thought. At least it didn't star talking animals. I usually hate cgi cartoon movies, but there was some things here I thought were clever.

It's funny this is essentially being released by Disney on the Touchstone imprint.