Why didn't the opening and closing change?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
many telelviison shows have changed their openings (and sometimes even closings). Even kids shows, like Garfield And Friends, The Flinstones, and Even Sesame Street have frequently had their openigns and closings changed. The Muppet Show had it's opening changed every season.

So why didn't the Fraggle Rock openign change? Okay, I know that (according to the muppet central interview with terry Angus) there was an unused opening (this should be on the first season DVD), and the Finger Of Light episode had Gobo saying "down at fraggle rock" instead of Boober at the end of the opening. However, aside from this, the regular theme didn't change at all.

Gobo and Ma Gorg both had major appearance changes halfway through the first season. Shouldnt the opening and closing have changed so that people who, when seeing the show for the first time (like me) saw an episode from after they changed their looks, wouldn't be confused by the difference in appearances?

They could have also tried to change the openign to include Traveling Matt, Marjourie, Philo, Gunge, and Cotterpin.

:smirk:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I always also thought it was funny that the Opening Theme was never changed. I always thought an updated version of the Theme with the new Short Haired Gobo would have been pretty cool. Also it would have been nice if by the second season, The Trasheap and Uncle Matt were added to the opening Theme. Uncle Matt could have been singing with The Fraggles and The Trasheap could have been seen with Phillo and Gunge singing in the Garden at some point during the song.