Why didn't they make Zoot green?

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
it's the same reason Bunsen was green when he looks yellow on the show/in pictures...that's the real color of the puppet.
I remember this discussion from back in the days of Series 1, and I must admit to having beeen thoroughly baffled. Dr. Bunsen has always looked the color of the figure to me... I am alone in this? Was the old "Tint" knob on my TV skewed?

:confused:

Hey, the smilie is even appropriate...

- Derek

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Someone from MuppetFest who sat on the front row oughta know.

:embarrassed:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The way it was explained to me from people at Henson was that it should make sense that he is green because of the Honeydew melon reference. And truthfully, when I saw the puppet live, or one of them as I don't know how many they really have, it was just like the inside of a Honeydew melon.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
Here is a page i put together, It shows a few of the Zoots from The Muppet Show.

Misfit,
The seem you see on Zoot's chin is where the two peices of Foam were stuck together. Not the fabric seem, It is exposed foam.

Aaaah, thanks! Makes sense.

Even if the Bunsen puppet is that ugleeee Honeydew color, I like the weathered old yellowish color that it *appears* to be...but I understand licensing limitations prevent even the most obvious corrections (yellow hair Piggy). Must be incredibly frustrating sometimes.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ken said FM Piggy will be blonde not that yellow color we saw in the toy fairs pictures. I assume all piggy's from now on will have that blonde hair, unless it's a newer piggy like MTI Version who does have fairly yellow hair. SO MANY PIGGYS!!!!!!!:mad: