Why do people hate the newer SS muppets?

lilcris

Reaction score
It seems like alot of people on this forum hate Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Telly, and Baby Bear. Why do people hate them so much? What did they do to you?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's pretty much an "old crabby fan" type thing..

You know.."Now back in mah day, we had no fancy schmancy Elmo! We had Oscar, Ernie, Bert, Guy Smiley and we darn near liked it!!!"

Nah... it's that kids are more sympathetic to the newer characters, as they are younger and around their age. I mean, the average kid who watches the show is more like Elmo than Guy Smiely, Oscar, and The Amazing Mumford.

And the fans take it personally that we see more of Elmo and Zoe than older characters, and feel the show needs to be more older fan driven, though their fans are mostly kids.

I mean, personally, I do like the older characters better (Excluding Telly... I was born in the 80's and I sympathized with him..still do... I'm a worry wart) but I feel since younger audiences watch the show, these characters should be in the spotlight...

Tho, between you and me, they just need to cool it down with Elmo./..

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
personaly, out of that list, I only dont like Elmo and Rosita, why you may ask? well, Elmo annoys me, and I dont think that hes so special that he sould get his own 1/2 hour segment (thats half the show!!) I mean, Big Bird, Ernie, nor anyone else ever got such special treatment, why should he? (and im going to keep my mouth shut on this one) and Rosita, eh, not that I dont like new muppets, its just, she annoys me, dont know why, just does... I have no better excuse than that. well, thats my story, and im sticking to it.

Whatever

Reaction score
It is cool that Rosita encourages bilingualarity.

Ryan

Reaction score
Whatever said:
It is cool that Rosita encourages bilingualarity.
I love Rosita. Carmen Oshbar is so talented. Also, she has a lovely singing voice!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I love a lot of Old and New characters. Just wished they would tone Elmo, Rostia and Baby Bear. I would love to see an episode where: Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie, Herry, Amazing Mumford, The Count, Oscar, Biff and Sully, Big Bird and Little Bird, Snuffy and others would be out on the street then just 3 characters or just one. I know that there going through a hard time w/ money. I just wished we could see others then just Elmo, Telly, Baby Bear, Rostia and Zowie. We need other characters. This just made me think of another theard to start.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think most fan's issues with Elmo started when they devoted 15 minutes of every show to him AND still used him in some street segments.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the little furry red guy.

*Sticks another pin in his Elmo Voo-Doo doll*

:stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. I haven't watched the show in a while, but I have noticed last time that I've seen it that they are focusing more on the newer characters. Actually, Telly isn't that new though. Wasn't he out since 1979? Come to think of it, so was Elmo. It's just that they didn't become that popular until recent years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Telly was fairly popular in the 80's.... I think he's so popular because Martin P Robinson (FOMP!) does a great job with him...

Plus, since there are fewer episodes, it's hard to use episodes about Oscar and the rest.

lilcris

Reaction score
Ryan said:
I love Rosita. Carmen Oshbar is so talented. Also, she has a lovely singing voice!
I love Rosita too! :smile: And Carmen Oshbar does have a good voice, today they showed the episode where Rosita and Elmo have a play date and cant find each other. Both characters had cute little songs but I loved Rosita's one.

I have a question does Carmen Oshbar just does the voice of Rosita, or is she the puppeteer also?